Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

What do you think about the following rims for a limited? There is a chrome model with recessed spokes in the top picture and then a 10 spoke design in machined gunmetal. Sorry that the pics are in black and white. Then there is a 10 spoke all gunmetal one. The Chromes are $300 more than the machined gunmetal. I'm leaning towards machined gunmetal myself, any thoughts? Hoping to order them tomorrow afternoon in 18" size. The Chrome comes in 20" too but think that is going to be a really rough ride.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. Was just down at the dealer and they had a set in so rolled it up to the car and its not bad. Wished the gunmetal part was a bit darker to contrast the silver machines face a bit. Just saw a genny with all gunmetal and starting to like that look instead of gunmetal with machines face. Pretty much those Rims look like the ones in the second pic but the spokes are slimmer and is all gunmetal in color.

So what's your take on full gunmetal as opposed to gunmetal with silver machined face? Wish I had my camera with me to take a real picture. Originally was staying away from full gunmetal as it looks like your running winter tires as its so dark but not to sure now.

·
Registered
14 Posts
QUOTE (Souks @ Apr 27 2010, 12:58 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317324
Thanks guys. Was just down at the dealer and they had a set in so rolled it up to the car and its not bad. Wished the gunmetal part was a bit darker to contrast the silver machines face a bit. Just saw a genny with all gunmetal and starting to like that look instead of gunmetal with machines face. Pretty much those Rims look like the ones in the second pic but the spokes are slimmer and is all gunmetal in color.

So what's your take on full gunmetal as opposed to gunmetal with silver machined face? Wish I had my camera with me to take a real picture. Originally was staying away from full gunmetal as it looks like your running winter tires as its so dark but not to sure now.
I personally like the gunmetal. I ordered the 18" 5 spoke which I'm getting tomorrow on my black Lim+Nav after seeing a black GLS with gunmetal rims at the dealer lot. The contrast should be awesome.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE (Veengo @ Apr 27 2010, 04:16 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=317414
I personally like the gunmetal. I ordered the 18" 5 spoke which I'm getting tomorrow on my black Lim+Nav after seeing a black GLS with gunmetal rims at the dealer lot. The contrast should be awesome.
Did you need a tire pressur monitor? My dealers not to sure if the Canadian Sonata has the TPMS in them. Wondering if you got yours installed yet and if it really has it or not.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nm, found my answer in the manual. No TPMS for Canadian Sonata. Good thing as it will save me a hundred or so dollars when the new whees / tires show up. Wheels are instock but tires are back ordered. Went with Yokohama Envigor, dirt cheap and reviews look good.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts