Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi again,

Just wondering if anyone has installed chrome door handles on their GLS? I saw the kit on sharkracing.com (thanks to other posters for making me aware of this site). It looks like I will need to remove the factory handles which makes me a little apprehensive. I was hoping other people have done it and could offer some insight on the ease/difficulty of installation. I don't want to end up having to get in Dukes of Hazard style.

Thanks.

sharkracing.com/acecart/bin/shop.cgi?action=view&itemID=chromedoor_1__13&cate=012101000

·
Registered
18 Posts
Captain,
I wanted to let you know that on ebay for 25$ with free shipping you can purchase chrome handles that attach to your existing door handles. They come from Korea and look sweet. I ordered some and when I get them I will post pics.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE (frankthebunnie @ May 25 2010, 01:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326190
Captain,
I wanted to let you know that on ebay for 25$ with free shipping you can purchase chrome handles that attach to your existing door handles. They come from Korea and look sweet. I ordered some and when I get them I will post pics.
Thanks, I actually spotted those as well. Hopefully they look good, that would be a much better solution. Thanks again for the reply.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I want to do this too, but I'm to chicken, and I don't want to pay the dealer 180 installed for this, which is what I was quoted.

here is a link that shows you how to take the door apart. if you look on page 5 I think all you have to do is remove that bolt cover and the bolt. steps 10 and 11
www. my hyundai forums. com/10-01-012-1.pdf

I will probably give this a try before my first oil change, just in case i need the dealers help.

·
Registered
486 Posts
..I was wondering the about the opposite, I have a Limited with chrome handles and think the body color, White in my case make for a cleaner look, But it has the comfort access buttons on both front door handles as well.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE (snapper41 @ May 25 2010, 08:04 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326345
..I was wondering the about the opposite, I have a Limited with chrome handles and think the body color, White in my case make for a cleaner look, But it has the comfort access buttons on both front door handles as well.
I looked at the white online and I do agree, it looks cleaner without the chrome. I think the chrome handles are a better match with the darker colors. I'm anxious to see how the chrome handle covers look.

·
Registered
623 Posts
I personally like the body color handles better, but I get the appeal of the chrome. If you want to swap handles, it's pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
35 Posts
QUOTE (frankthebunnie @ May 25 2010, 02:25 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326190
Captain,
Frank,

did you ever get does crome handles?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Handles have not shown up yet. They said it could take up to 20 days so I am hoping this week or early next week. I am excited, and in the mean time I am scoping other items to spice up my GLS. I am hope Igee seat covers starts making them for the 2011 Sonata. Check them out online, their seat covers are amazing and much more reasonable then factory leather ect.

·
Registered
167 Posts
QUOTE (frankthebunnie @ Jun 1 2010, 09:18 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328634
Handles have not shown up yet. They said it could take up to 20 days so I am hoping this week or early next week. I am excited, and in the mean time I am scoping other items to spice up my GLS. I am hope Igee seat covers starts making them for the 2011 Sonata. Check them out online, their seat covers are amazing and much more reasonable then factory leather ect.
I think the problem with the seat covers, is that they will interfere with the seat airbags. But those Igee seat covers do look nice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Jamie,
I will take pictures looking down on them. I can tell you you can not tell these are snap on. When you open the door and feel the handle you can tell but looks wise they are perfectly flush.

·
Registered
255 Posts
The test of time will be real deal-breaker. Don't get me wrong these are cheaper and faster to install but only time will tell how long they last. From a looks point-of-view they look great though.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I agree, thats why I am open to the idea of installing the OEM handles. However this buys me time, gives me the look and if they last it saves me money. I will keep everyone posted on longevity.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts