Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
For me, I first started with what I can afford.

Second, the features I need.

What I ended up with was a 2017 Elantra SE. The only feature it has is cruise. They added that later in production without having to pay more for the base model.

Perfect is going to different for each person. I rank fuel economy, ease of maintenance, and warranty/longevity as top priority. I did not even pick the color.

I would buy again in a minute. For me it has been my perfect car. :grin2:

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
It will be hard for me to choose my next perfect car. Reliability history will be a main point. I now fear all the technology, all the electronics in car, that's what makes them not reliable for the most part. I remember my 2007 Focus, it had no ABS and traction control. It was simple. Now cars have a bunch of sensors and computers.

·
Registered
785 Posts
Perfect is a word that's individual user defined and will differ for everyone. It's about your wants and needs, and ranking them appropriately. The perfect car for yourself has all of your needs, and as many of your wants as possible. If you can't adequately define what's a want or a need, then you'll never truly be able to pick what you feel like is the perfect car.

A need for me was high reliability

A want was heated seats and a sunroof

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Ha, 1981 Ford pickup rusted out body, excellent drivetrain with the bed loaded with manure.

With this when you go to park it, no one would dare go near it, so don't have to be concerned about somebody banging their doors into yours. If they did, you wouldn't notice the difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts