Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve rang its praises before based on the info from their website but finally put my money where my mouth is. I ordered from DRCOLORCIP.COM to fill a chip on my fender and any future chips I will incur. Being Montana I’ll see more a lot more.

I’ll tell you in the beginning after opening the package I was a little unsure. My car is 06 Powder White Pearl, N2, different from the White Pearl, W1, so I was a little skeptical. Being a “tri-coat” color it’s hard to match. I’ve ordered things in the past and they always come W1 not N2, a slight difference to me but not noticeable to the untrained eye. My spoiler is a good example of this. But the touch up from DRCOLOR for my car has a grey tint and is explained by the company in an insert. I would expect matching a “non-white/tri coat” color would be pretty much spot on.

I purchased touch-up for my car from a sponsor here a couple years ago. Of course it came with two bottles and a brush. The 1st was white and the 2nd was pearl. Didn’t really work that well as you will see below. I’m not that good with a brush…especially times two applications.

In the end I am very pleased with the outcome from DRCOLORCHIP. Based on price and end result it is worth it and works as stated. Follow the instructions and all will be well. I used two applications for my results being a white car but I’d being willing to bet a blue/grey/khaki/silver/black color would be a one time app.

Pics posted below.

#1 shows the kit. Includes instructions, a glove, an applicator/brush, paint and the sealant and also includes a micro fiber clothe.

#2 shows the paint. This is mixed to your color code.

#3 shows the sealant

#4 shows my past attempt at brush on touch up. Located on my front bumper very easy to spot.

#5 is a pic after the touch-up on the fender with DRCOLORCHIP. I’m pleased with this result.

#6 is another pic of the touch-up a little farther away.

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the write up. I was just thinking of getting some of this and look forward to seeing the results on my 06' Arctic White.

·
Banned
4,119 Posts
Nice job, Craig..... I found an ugly rock chip on the front of the hood, the rock must have hit the surface in such a low angle, that a small piece of paint is actually raised, so I guess I'll have to scrap it off first..

I don't understand how this thing works, and how one can get such great results, even after looking at their web site's photos..... Is there any POLISHING used here?

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (mamamia @ Sep 13 2010, 06:13 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=356091
Nice job, Craig..... I found an ugly rock chip on the front of the hood, the rock must have hit the surface in such a low angle, that a small piece of paint is actually raised, so I guess I'll have to scrap it off first..

I don't understand how this thing works, and how one can get such great results, even after looking at their web site's photos..... Is there any POLISHING used here?

None in my case. PM a pic to me and I'll give my advice. For all that's worth. I wish I had done this on the black Mustang B4 I used the brush method. The Mustang had some larger spots and this would have worked great.

I had a chip on the lower trunk lip and just applied the paint with no "sealact" looks better than the brush stuff I applied earlier.

Mama don't "scrape" it off use your finger to break the raised area and apply this stuff. Multiple applications helps to fill large areas. My second application made it fuller. My only suggestion is if you have color code W1, which I know you do (06 Arctic White/07 White Pearl) is to ask them if they will make it less gray. Just a shade whiter in your case.

I'm very happy with this product.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Not trying to rain on your parade, but after reviewing the website, it doesn't appear that the product worked as advertised (surprise surprise!).

Color-match appears to be much better than your previous attempt, but it still doesn't look like it filled in the chip that well.. maybe multiple applications would fix this?

If this is the case, I wonder as to how deep a chip can be filled before there's a point of diminishing return.

·
Registered
3,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No rain here my friend. It gives me better results than a brush for the same price in my case. The 3 foot rule applies here. :thumbsup: With the Mustang and brush touch-up I need the 10 foot rule and squint. :grin:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts