Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder if anyone has had this problem and knows how to rectify it?
I live in South Korea and drive a 3 month old Santa Fe 7 seater 2.2 Diesel 4WD. Almost every time I drive over a moderate bump in the road I hear a faint single chime that appears to coming from the LCD display. The dealer is at a loss as to what the problem is and has suggested that it could be associated with the sound system. No aftermarket parts have been fitted to the vehicle.
Any advice or assistance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0t limited
222 Posts
Try applying the parking brake with your foot, just a little, when the car is moving.

The brake light should come on and a little chime alarm will sound... Is it the same chime you are hearing?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, but this vehicle has no conventional pedal or hand operated parking brake, just EPB (electric parking brake) and selectable Auto Hold. Both are automatically disengaged when the vehicle starts moving, neither system has a warning chime.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Well, there is no chime when it comes to the traction control settings that i'm aware of... the little light flashes if you're losing control (saw it a handful of times last year in the snow...), but no chime.
While you're moving... I have no idea what it could be... to hear the chime would be a benefit - but i guess since it's not constant... hard to catch when it's going to happen.

Just some thoughts... there's a chime for the service remider, for the sunroof being left open, the tailgate as well (maybe it's not closed properly)...

·
Registered
315 Posts
You will get a chime from the frost warning this activates at 3 degrees-centigrade or below, you will see a snowflake flashing next to the ambient temperature reading.

Gazza!!!

·
Registered
759 Posts
Frost warning!??!?! WOW! They DEFINATELY disconnected this feature for Canada! This chime would sound off for 6 months of the year!

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
Just some thoughts... there's a chime for the service remider, for the sunroof being left open, the tailgate as well (maybe it's not closed properly)...[/QUOTE]

That's where I would be looking - doors, rear hatch (tailgate ?) and also fluid reservoirs that have monitors, anything where a bump could cause a contact switch to trigger a chime - but brief enough not to light up a bulb.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the suggestions, something for me to do at the weekend. Otherwise it's back to the dealer again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts