Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I broke the mirror on my drivers side sun visor when it accidentally got caught in the window. I bought a used visor from a junk yard. We swapped them out. There was a simple electrical connector. We did not have the key in the ignition when we unplugged and connected the new one. When started the car to test if the light would come on, a chime started and will not quit until the key is removed from the ignition. It continually chimes in ACC mode as well as fully cranked. You can put it in gear and drive off and the chime still goes. There is no light indicating that the doors are open. The chime continues even though all the doors are firmly shut. We disconnected the battery and reconnected. This made no difference. Can someone tell me what might be causing this and what we might could do to fix it?

We swapped back to the old visor and the chime continues.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm not getting any lights on the panel saying that there is a door ajar.

I really think that it has something to do with unplugging the visor connection.

This morning when I started the car, the chime had stopped. I was so happy. As I was telling my son about the ordeal, I pressed on of the cabin light buttons and the chime started again. The light would no come on, btw.

Is there any other options besides taking it to the dealer?

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
This morning when I started the car, the chime had stopped. I was so happy. As I was telling my son about the ordeal, I pressed on of the cabin light buttons and the chime started again. The light would no come on, btw.
You describe a problem with the lighting circuits in the windshield header area. Wierd things like that suggest a bad connection, especially a bad ground. Check for wiring problems, such as a connection loose, a connectOR loose, or a wire pinched under a screw or pulled out of a connector pin (don't laugh, I've seen that).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem Solved!!

I thought I would report back the fix. It took it to a little shop recommended by a friend of my husband. It turned out that it was a blown fuse. What I did not notice was that there was damage to the wire of the junkyard visor and the copper was exposed. The guy at the shop said that it must have grounded to the car body when we put it in and blew the fuse. They replaced my fuse and the chiming stopped.

Thanks for everyone's input.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Problem Solved!!

I thought I would report back the fix. It took it to a little shop recommended by a friend of my husband. It turned out that it was a blown fuse. What I did not notice was that there was damage to the wire of the junkyard visor and the copper was exposed. The guy at the shop said that it must have grounded to the car body when we put it in and blew the fuse. They replaced my fuse and the chiming stopped.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Problem Solved!!

Becky,

I'm having the same exact issue. Which fuse was it that was blown?

Thanks,
Todd

1 - 10 of 10 Posts