Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if a Chilton's (or other brand) repair manual exists for the 2013 Sonata's?

I have a friend who is going to give me a hand installing a new Homelink mirror, and he's a bit old school. He would like to have a hard copy service manual available as we work. I printed off the pages of an online service manual, but he believes a hard copy will have more info.

I cannot find anything for a Sonata newer than 2008. If someone can direct me to one, I would be grateful.
Thanks!

·
Registered
942 Posts
The only official manuals are the ones posted by Hyundai on their (now pay) service website, or Alldata (also pay). There are no hardcopy versions unless you print them out. Someone here did post them in pdf form on their Google drive, not sure if they are still there.
But anyway, yes the mirror install is very simple and you don't need the manuals for that. It's just a matter of tapping a couple of wires up in the headliner behind the map lights.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
I dare say that vehicles are too complicated nowadays to have Chilton or Haynes manual, which are too generic and lacking in detail IMO. FSM is the best source. Even the FSM for my old caprice was in 3 volumes. It had detailed instructions and graphics for disassembling everything, even every sub assembly.

·
22,793 Posts
I'm a bit old school, too. ;) And like your friend, I also loved those heavy door-stop manuals. I owned a shelf full of Chilton's and Motor's manuals. But, sadly, much like points, capacitors, and rotor bugs those days are long gone.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks folks.

I found an on line site that had a PDF version of the Hyundai service manual that I could download for free, so I did that and printed the pages for the mirror. It will have to suffice. I got the mirror yesterday, and I believe install will be a week from this Saturday. I'll post results and comments when done, although a couple other people here have already done a great job describing the process.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts