Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 FWD 2.7L that is no longer under warranty (105K miles). Until now, all repair work has been done under warranty, so I never had the need for a reference. Now, I'm thinking of buying a repair manual, but I also know that repair procedures are available online. Does anyone have some insight into which is better? Is Chilton better than Haynes or vice versa? Are the Chilton/Haynes manuals better than HMA service information? Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
43 Posts
QUOTE (shuk n jive @ Jul 28 2010, 08:49 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345472
I have a 2002 FWD 2.7L that is no longer under warranty (105K miles). Until now, all repair work has been done under warranty, so I never had the need for a reference. Now, I'm thinking of buying a repair manual, but I also know that repair procedures are available online. Does anyone have some insight into which is better? Is Chilton better than Haynes or vice versa? Are the Chilton/Haynes manuals better than HMA service information? Any help you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

I use a combination of a Haynes manual, the HMA site and here. The Haynes manual, while good, is far from a complete source. Using it and the 2 sites I seem to get pretty good info.

Sam

·
Registered
4,851 Posts
Haynes used to be a good repair manual years ago when cars were simpler. The last decade or so I've found them to be almost useless. Chiltons might be a little better, but not much. Even hmaservice I've found to be inaccurate and misleading. The benefit to hmaservice is they have the electrical diagrams, the TSBs and info on trouble codes. Another option is the OEM manuals on CD available on eBay. They're pretty good, and cheap.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
There are also several other web sites dealing either with Santa FE's specifically or along with others. Try hyundaisantafemessageboard (dot) yuku (dot) com for more info. Several of us frequent more than one board.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts