Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all.

How do you folks solve the child seat, fixed head rest issue. I dont want to kill the attached headrests with the child seat.

any help is appreciated

·
Registered
3,812 Posts
Grand kids are growing up preferred to use my Supra, has a bar behind the rear seat for the top and used the conventional seat belt for the bottom, Cruze was terrible for this, lower clips were so deep behind the seat, could barely get my hand in there. So your post got me interested.

Bottom clips stick out a lot farther and reachable, for the head rest, open the trunk to release the seat back you want to use. Facing the top of the seat is a collar on the right hand side with a push clip on it, can raise the headrest. Reason you have to lower the back seat is so you can pull it out, roof gets in the way.

Ha, a least in my Limited, can drop the sears with the headrests on, could not do this in my Cruze, headrests would jam into the front seat backs. Had to be removed first.

Don't even get me started on baby car seats, talk about an idiot design, looked at 30 to 300 seats, all using the cheap plastic buckle, wife is barely strong enough to release them, what about getting a kid out in an emergency? Then those stupid crouch belts with those tiny clips always getting twisted. Wasn't too concerned with my granddaughter, but was concerned about my grandsons having a sex change with these belts.

My own kids were before baby car seats. Thank goodness my youngest grandson just turned one when his mom was rear ended by a large SUV, was in a front facing seat, if facing rear just a couple of weeks earlier, would have broken his neck.

Son and I were looking at state laws for child restrain ages for all 50 states, all different, so when crossing a state line, do you follow your own state laws or theirs? Never found an answer to this.

With air bags, just as many kids got killed as drivers refusing to wear seat belts lives were saved, so are stupid congress said the kids have to sit in the rear. Why didn't they make refusing drivers sit in the rear? Really have a bunch of idiots running our country and this is a compliment, actually morons.

Ha, got me started.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts