Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So I was having trouble where my 04 Getz wouldn't always detect that the clutch was in when trying to start the car. I bought a new clutch switch ($35AUD), and went to install it today.

I could've fixed this with a piece of gaffa tape 馃槄 For some reason there's a hole in the tab on the clutch pedal that lines up exactly over the clutch switch button. I assume there was a plastic clip across it that broke off. I think I remember vacuuming up!

Just posting to save anyone else making the same mistake.

Attachments

Registered
I was called out to a garage the other day to check a Kia Picanto that wouldn't crank. I put a bolt through that hole and had it fixed in 5mins. Dumb mechanic not happy and neither was his boss when I handed him the bill for my callout :laugh:

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Makes me feel a little less sheepish! Out of pure curiosity, do you know why that hole is there in the first place?

Registered
There's supposed to be a wee rubber pad in it that the switch plunger presses against. I've highlighted the pad for the other clutch switch in your photo....

Attachments

Registered
I was called out to a garage the other day to check a Kia Picanto that wouldn't crank. I put a bolt through that hole and had it fixed in 5mins. Dumb mechanic not happy and neither was his boss when I handed him the bill for my callout :laugh:
That bill helps them to learn.....Education is expensive.....so is ignorance...:smile:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts