Hyundai Forums banner

Do you like the look I chose

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
2021 Limited 1.6T, 2018 Limited 2.4L, 2015 Limited 2.4L
370 Posts
Nice, how does it handle and feel with the new tires and rims?

·
Premium Member
2021 Phantom Black Sonata
49 Posts
Looks great! Have you considered "clearing" your side marker???

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice. What size wheels?
Yes. Definitely high risk where I’m at as well. I just refuse to ride factory wheels.
Nice, how does it handle and feel with the new tires and rims?
you can definitely feel a difference from the factory 17 inch wheels and tires but honestly no shaking or turbulence type experiences at any speed. No tire rubbing or anything like that.I think 20s is the perfect choice. Anything over that size you will definitely notice a change in the daily drive

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Yes. Definitely high risk where I’m at as well. I just refuse to ride factory wheels.

you can definitely feel a difference from the factory 17 inch wheels and tires but honestly no shaking or turbulence type experiences at any speed. No tire rubbing or anything like that.I think 20s is the perfect choice. Anything over that size you will definitely notice a change in the daily drive
Thanks for the info. No shaking or turbulence is definitely a good thing.

·
Premium Member
2021 Phantom Black Sonata
49 Posts
the (yellow) side marker above the vent

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you talking about the front bumper vent on the side or the light a above it?
the (yellow) side marker above the vent
I have some black accent exterior pieces coming next week for the bumper vent, side mirrors and door handles. I will probably smoke out the back and the little yellow light you’re talking about

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have some black accent exterior pieces coming next week for the bumper vent, side mirrors and door handles. I will probably smoke out the back and the little yellow light you’re talking about
The Hyundai badge on the front bothers me too really would like to find a way to do away with it

·
Registered
547 Posts

lol at "20's being perfect" if you actually DRIVE the car for a while and care about ride quality! I will agree it LOOKS awesome, but c'mon...for ride quality? :)
Full disclosure, I am old fart at 55 and care far more about ride quality than i do about the car looking good!

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lol at "20's being perfect" if you actually DRIVE the car for a while and care about ride quality! I will agree it LOOKS awesome, but c'mon...for ride quality? :)
Full disclosure, I am old fart at 55 and care far more about ride quality than i do about the car looking good!
Every vehicle I have ever owned has had after market wheels and depending on wheel size things can get real rough really quick. Yes, 20 inch rims don’t feel as smooth as factory wheels being on but it is the perfect size to go with for anyone considering after market wheels that doesn’t want to rough of a ride. In my opinion of course.

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
And thank you by the way for the compliment on the ride. I appreciate it. I thought it turned out pretty good.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Every vehicle I have ever owned has had after market wheels and depending on wheel size things can get real rough really quick. Yes, 20 inch rims don’t feel as smooth as factory wheels being on but it is the perfect size to go with for anyone considering after market wheels that doesn’t want to rough of a ride. In my opinion of course.
I am perfectly ok with anyone liking whatever they want! I think your ride looks AWESOME, but no way I want to drive it for an extended drive or in winter! :)

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I am perfectly ok with anyone liking whatever they want! I think your ride looks AWESOME, but no way I want to drive it for an extended drive or in winter! :)
Yeah i typically put factory wheels back on during the winter because you’re right the after market wheels just aren’t good for it and it’s just asking to mess your wheels up.

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
Rims cost money, that stuff is hard to come by (smile).

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rims cost money, that stuff is hard to come by (smile).
I see no lies lol. It can definitely be Super expensive. Worth it for me though it’s a hobby if mine customizing and transforming my car into something that fits me

1 - 20 of 29 Posts