Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my 2020 Palisade LTD yesterday and I noticed that every time I start it, in the right side circle I get the "check high beam assist" message and it goes away in 2 seconds and then I see the tach. Is that normal? Something wrong already?

Thanks!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does the high beam assist feature work?
The owners manual suggests bringing it to the dealer to diagnose.
There are some other reasons why it won't work - see page 3-136
Let us know what it eventually is. I'll check to see if mine has the same 2 second warning.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The headlight feature (auto on and auto highbeam) does work. I turned it on and checked "bulbs" and it seems like all the lights come on and off as they should. I've only had the car 3 days and the 2 times I drove it at night it did work, but I can't remember if I saw that message the time when I started it at night. I know that message cam on this morning when I started it to. I'm trying to be more aware of when that message comes on. But I think it's every time. 2 seconds when I start it and then it goes away.

I'm going to have to take it in and have them check it out. When I picked it up the salesman said that was normal and if it goes away it's fine. But if no one else is seeing it, then it's not normal. But the guy I carpool with has a buick and he gets a warning message when he starts his car that goes away so I figured maybe cars do that now. But I think it's not normal.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool, thanks. I appreciate the input since I'm new to this vehicle and if there is something they need to address, I want to address it. I'm not about to believe the salesman saying "yeah if it goes away I'm sure it's fine." When I take it in, if there is a fix for this, I'll post it here.

I just didn't want the service guy to say "oh they all do that it's fine", I wanted to hear from some real owners so I could say "oh not it's not, fix it!" :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got it. Do yourself a favor and download the pdf versions of the owners manual and manual for all the electronics. Makes it a simple task to let the computer do the searches for you instead of thumbing thru those volumes.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They scanned the car and it had no error codes so they sent me away and said they were going to do some research as to how to proceed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They told me that this is happening in Palisades and new Sonatas, but the engineering department at Hyundai is closed so I have to wait for them to look at this. I told them it's a low priority.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts