Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've read somewhere on this forum that I should first post the codes here, before buying any parts - so that's what I'm doing. The counterman at AutoZone read out the codes for my 2005 Accent - here they are:

P0300 (he said this read out twice)
P0302
P0303
P0304

He said the 2-4 end digits indicated intermittent misfires in those cylinders, and I probably need plugs. What say ye? The car seems to be running great, BTW - smooth, plenty of power.

adTHANKSvance
Dan

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (shortmort37 @ Oct 10 2010, 03:55 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362451
I've read somewhere on this forum that I should first post the codes here, before buying any parts - so that's what I'm doing. The counterman at AutoZone read out the codes for my 2005 Accent - here they are:

P0300 --> random misfire detect, no assigned cylinder
P0302 --> misfire detect, cylinder #2
P0303 --> misfire detect, cylinder #3
P0304 --> misfire detect, cylinder #4

He said the 2-4 end digits indicated intermittent misfires in those cylinders, and I probably need plugs. What say ye? The car seems to be running great, BTW - smooth, plenty of power.

adTHANKSvance
Dan

Plugs if near a 30,000 interval, I think that came with regular plugs, may look to upgrade to Platinum or Iridium, use NGK brand only.. look at wire ends closely (plastic end) for discolor haze ring in th black plastic, consider wire set too.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Oct 10 2010, 07:08 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362473
Plugs if near a 30,000 interval, I think that came with regular plugs, may look to upgrade to Platinum or Iridium, use NGK brand only.. look at wire ends closely (plastic end) for discolor haze ring in th black plastic, consider wire set too.
Thank you, very much. What's the recommended plug gap?

Dan

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts