Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was driving home from work today, I noticed that my check engine light came on. My car is a 2010 hatchback. It doesn't even have 3500 miles on it yet. I don't drive crazy (always with the ECO light on) and have had no problems before now. I'm upset that the check engine light is on so soon and of course, the shop is most likely closed Monday :(

Any ideas what I could look for before I can bring it in on Tuesday?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Hyundai stores across USA is not .gov,,,, I will be at work, we not closed.

Nothing for you to look for, let the dealer handle it via the 5/60 bumper-bumper...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (sbr711 @ Oct 9 2010, 09:06 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362342
Hyundai stores across USA is not .gov,,,, I will be at work, we not closed.

Nothing for you to look for, let the dealer handle it via the 5/60 bumper-bumper...

Thanks sbr711 - I'll call them and (hopefully) bring it in first thing Monday morning. Of course this is going to happen over a long weekend while I am on call! :wacko:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had this problem with my 2009 Accent GS recently with about 12000 miles. Took it into the dealer, they found out I had a vapor emission leak. Did a test on the system and all checked out. So the service rep, suggested it was owner error because a unsealed gas cap will cause this error. He could be right since I did just filled the car up a day or so before the check engine light came on. Anyways, in the end, the rep said to make sure to make your factory-provided gas cap click at least 3 times. I now make sure to click it beyond 3 clicks, so far so good. Maybe that is your issue. Just a thought.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (CruznMac @ Oct 9 2010, 09:40 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=362350
I had this problem with my 2009 Accent GS recently with about 12000 miles. Took it into the dealer, they found out I had a vapor emission leak. Did a test on the system and all checked out. So the service rep, suggested it was owner error because a unsealed gas cap will cause this error. He could be right since I did just filled the car up a day or so before the check engine light came on. Anyways, in the end, the rep said to make sure to make your factory-provided gas cap click at least 3 times. I now make sure to click it beyond 3 clicks, so far so good. Maybe that is your issue. Just a thought.

I thought about that, but when I filled up (after the check engine light came on), I made sure the cap was on tight. The car was running funny earlier, enough for me to have thought it was trying to go with the e-brake on. I made sure that it was not on, but it was still running rough.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts