Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a 2004 standard Elantra GT. I had to get an emissions test and the CEL light will not stay off. My garage replaced two valves in the fuel tank and the neck to the tank and have done numerous "smoke tests" but can't find the leak. Now they are saying there is something wrong with the computer. They got it to stay off long enough to pass the test, but the light's on again. I see that there was a recall issued because of the cracked exhaust manifold, I think I had the catalytic converter replaced up at the cottage. Any suggestions? It's back in the shop $854 later and they are at a loss as to what is wrong.
I love the car, except for this problem. Thanks!!

·
Registered
749 Posts
Hello, I have a 2004 standard Elantra GT. I had to get an emissions test and the CEL light will not stay off. My garage replaced two valves in the fuel tank and the neck to the tank and have done numerous "smoke tests" but can't find the leak. Now they are saying there is something wrong with the computer. They got it to stay off long enough to pass the test, but the light's on again. I see that there was a recall issued because of the cracked exhaust manifold, I think I had the catalytic converter replaced up at the cottage. Any suggestions? It's back in the shop $854 later and they are at a loss as to what is wrong.
I love the car, except for this problem. Thanks!!

what is the trouble code?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Gots to know the code to know where to start diag.. is this a Hyundai dealer that dont know what to do??

1 - 5 of 5 Posts