Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had my Accent now for 9 years. Purchased brand new...only had 13 miles on it. Since then I have had to have the tranny either rebuilt or replaced three times. Now all of a sudden the check engine light flashes on and off a few times then goes off almost immediately after fueling up. It idles a little ruff then smooths out when the light starts flashing. It will then go off and it starts idling a little ruff again. The light does not come on while driving. It just started doing this with the last tank of gas and just did it again this afternoon when I filled up. What could be the culprit? I know the gas cap is on tight. I always turn it past four clicks...so I know it's not that. The only other time the check engine light has ever come on in this car was because of a bad spark plug. Any help would be great. Can't afford major repairs right now. Back up car was totaled and have to find a cheap replacement as this one just isn't that reliable.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
MIL illuminated means there is a fault in 1 or more of the many monitored input/output circuits...

Do you have the fault codes to know location of specific trouble area ?

Without valid code (P-xxxx), we can guess all day long and toss all kinds of expensive parts at it and just make things worse.

Get it scanned, and lets proceed from there based on the DTC found.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My brother also has the same issue with his accent and he asked me to check out this video about checking engine light status. He's asking me if he could apply this to his accent but I am really clueless about it. Please advise if we're on the right track and if we could use the video as reference to his car problem. Thanks in advance..

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
MIL illuminated/flashed/flashing...... Scan the thing,,, see what the code is,,, it will be a P-xxxx format..

Provide the codes, we can provide the diag.. Guessing will get you into all kinds of $$$$$ troubles.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the same thing i buy a Brio (Accent) and wen i am in 4 gear @30mph start to make some misfire wen i am accelerating... but in idle or high rev the car is in good shape

1 - 6 of 6 Posts