Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there
i new to Hyundai and owned accent 2008 four months ago
i notice that check engine light didn't light ever when i turn one the car with all other lights
i searched that i found that all accent mc in Egypt that light didn't work in it and know its from Hyundai agent in Egypt
someone try fix that in his car and find that isnt a lamp then he put a lamp from abs light ( cause there is no abs in our agent cars ) and the check engine light worked but we didn't know if it doing its job or its just a lamp turned on / off with out any effect

·
Registered
538 Posts
One reason that there may be no check engine light is the light is mainly for emission system related problems, not entirely but mainly. In Egypt do you use unleaded fuels with catalytic convertors or do you use leaded gas? In a leaded engine application I'm not sure what function the check engine light would have. I'm also fairly certain that the car if it's meant to have a check engine light and it doesn't work, will flash other lamps or do something to let you know there is a problem with the check lamp, they are smart cars.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Inspect cluster to see if bulb been removed to hide a MIL issue..

PCM logic for warning light circuit (applicable DTC available)

·
Registered
538 Posts
He also said quote "I searched that I found all accent mc in Egypt that light didn't work in it and know its from Hyundai agent in Egypt" He also said there was 'no lamp fitted'.
My Egypt/English may not be 100%, but I think the posters intention is clear.
If a picture is worth a 1000 words, what's the worth of reading every word?

·
Registered
538 Posts
Michohat, your English is OK, sometimes English speaking people are lazy and don't read every word, then they get the wrong meaning.
Your problem is very interesting, in your first message you say every MC model you have seen in Egypt does not have the lamp fitted? This is very strange. Which fuel are you using in your country, is it leaded gasoline or unleaded? Do your cars have fuel injection system or do they use carburettor? More information please.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Michohat, your English is OK, sometimes English speaking people are lazy and don't read every word, then they get the wrong meaning.
Your problem is very interesting, in your first message you say every MC model you have seen in Egypt does not have the lamp fitted? This is very strange. Which fuel are you using in your country, is it leaded gasoline or unleaded? Do your cars have fuel injection system or do they use carburettor? More information please.
yes every Mc model in egypt does not have that lamp
so i post a new topic in arabic forums named nilemotors telling all the owners about that

in egypt we use unleaded gasoline and i use octan 92
my mc have injection sys. not carbu.
as you see k/m its about 64000 km

·
Registered
538 Posts
I'm thinking along the same lines as zero gravity, perhaps in Egypt your emission laws are not so strict, if your car is not fitted with catalytic convertor and Lambda sensors in the exhaust and does not operate in 'closed loop' control there is probably not much reason to have a check engine light. If you open the bonnet and look straight down at the exhaust manifold there should be a sensor and cables connected to the exhaust manifold, there will also be a second sensor almost under the back of the engine connected to the exhaust as well if your car has 'closed loop' exhaust emission control. Toyotas also used to have two engine control systems years back, one full emission control system, one a basic fuel injection system similar in operation to the Bosch Mono Jetronic system.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts