Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just went and got my check engine light looked at.
This is what code I'm getting P0174

Here's the full list

I'm thinking it could be my custom CAI?
What's you guys think?

It's also listing ignition misfire condition
Fuel injector problem
and engine mechanical condition.

I don't know if this is listing probable causes of the P0174 or if it's saying those are also problems.

First time dealing with autozone and there check engine light look up.

Attachments

·
Registered
548 Posts
umm...that seems a bit off as far as what Hyundai's DTC list

P0174 refers to Bank 2 which is the side closest to the radiator on the 3.3ltr. The O2 sensor that monitors that side before the cat is detecting too lean. which means possible leak in the exhaust before that sensor or faulty sensor itself.

Contributing factors they state are spark plug, coil, injectors, etc...again only on the 2-4-6 cylinder side...but those failures tend to make O2 sensors read too rich and not the opposite

Chances are, you just have a bad O2 sensor

Good luck and keep us updated!

·
Registered
446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmm hoping it's just a bad O2 sensor.
Funny thing is I just went to start up the car and no check engine light appeared lol.

Hoping its nothing serious :/

Like I said, I had a whole new exhaust done.
And I built a CAI for the car.

Maybe that could be causing the check engine

·
Registered
548 Posts
Yeah that's VERY common for the O2 sensor codes to do...the off and on of the CEL that is. They tend to illuminate on longer high speed (like highway) rides and cut off for the short trips. Reason being the the CEL only is triggered if certain parameters aren't met within a certain amount of engine revolution within a particular amount of time.

However, even though the CEL is off, the code is still in your system (PCM, ECM, etc) and still picked up by a scanner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts