Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We've had our 2010 Tucson for less than a week now and the check engine/engine malfunction light is already on.. I thought it was due to emissions and tightened the gas cap but it didn't help.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
:grin: (To the tune of "California, Here I come"):

Dealer, dealer, here I come,
Right back where I started from.
The light's on, I don't know what it could be.
I'm puzzled, I'm fuzzled, I know you can fix it for me ...

:banana:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It turned out to be a "misfire" (code PO302).. basically they couldn't figure it out. the reason I am so concerned is that 1. it is a brand new car, and 2. coincidentally the car we bought the tucson to replace was diagnosed with a misfire, they replaced the cylinder coil, it didnt work, then it turned out to be an expensive valve seat/cylinder head rebuild.. i just wonder if it is a sign of a larger problem with the engine? time will tell

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
There is currently no info in regard to MIL w/misfire data...

Did they power wash the engine by chance for clean-up and delivery ?

If it not occuring to be able to verify, where do you start ?

I suppose they could swap #2 coil to #6, put the #2 plug in #4 and give it a whirl, see if the mis fire goes along witih the #2 coil or plug...

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
That's what I would recommend. The code you got was p0302, which is cylinder 2 misfire detected. I would clear the codes then switch the ignition coils from cylinder 2 with cylinder 4 coil and see if p0304 triggers down the road. If it triggers cylinder 2 again after you switched coils then it could be a cylinder 2 fuel injector problem or vacuum leak near cylinder 2, but it would need to trigger again to know for sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts