Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have a 2009 Sante Fe with 60,258 miles. I had the timing belt changed at 60,000 miles at the dealer. I now have a check engine light that shows the following two codes.

P0321
P0612

Can anyone please let me know if these codes are related to a timing belt change? Could a sensor have been removed for the work and not replaced correctly?

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Mike

·
Registered
7,163 Posts
That's a very, very odd pair of codes for a 2009. On an another model, a P0321 could have indicated a problem with the crank position sensor. The P0612 (again, on a 2009 Santa Fe??) would indicate some sort of fuel injection control failure.

I know it's a pain, but can you confirm these codes after clearing and allowing them to reset? Neither of these codes really applies to a 2009 Santa Fe.

·
Registered
749 Posts
maybe.

the p0321 shows up as a crankshaft position sensor dtc, whereas the p0612 comes up as a "fuel injection module" ecu malfunction. I can safely say ive never seen the codes.

frankly, if the engine were not in proper mechanical time you would more likely get a-f ratio codes and/or misfires, but I wouldn't rule it out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the reply. I will check them again tomorrow. I will be heading back to the dealer to get an estimate for the repair.

Mike

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Them 2 code not called out in 2009 DTC list for 2.7 or 3,3 that I can see.. I am on service site with dealer login.

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
I would disconnect the battery for a few minutes to clear the codes and see if the codes come back

1 - 6 of 6 Posts