Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-
Last week 3 lights came on: abs, esc and awd. The would clear after restarting. Now the 3 lights plus the check engine are on the moment I turn the key.
Autozone pulled one code: P0501 "Vehicle speed sensor A was out of its operating range or had a performance problem for a predetermined period of time"

I have not noticed any speedometer or performance issues, just the lights.
Do I need to have comprehensive diagnostics run or is there something I could check?

Thanks
Ken

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Have fun,, I hate that code when it comes to ABS/ESC.. may end up with HECU,, unplug connector and see if DOT-3 run out of connector (all wet).... $$$$

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks for the info, Ill give it a look. So the vehicle speed sensor error message could really be the HECU going bad?
Should I have a dealer do a complete scan and check the wiring? I read that wiring issues can be a problem too.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Complete Fault Code search of all onboard modules.. Get copy of complete search for yourself (yes, they can print as many as desired,, you paying for it, it your car)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have an appointment to get the car checked. Ill also ask if they can check the wiring harnesses.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry for the delay. The mechanics found a rear wheel sensor was faulty and the wheel bearing needed to be replaced. Excessive movement from the loose bearing is helping to create problems. I have not had the cash to have everything fixed but Ill check back in when the lights are out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts