Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2018 Elantra with all the safety tech and after only 3 days of taking possession with less than 50 miles on the odometer, the "Check AEB System" warning came on. Now I gotta take it into the dealer for service.

Extremely disappointed with this purchase especially when you consider my decision to go with an Elantra was based mostly with JD Power Stats.

Keep in mind the front sensor under the license is completely clean.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Not cool. We had one person who ended up returning the vehicle because he claimed AEB didn’t work at all, so let us know how the dealership handles it.

Haven’t had an issue with it personally after 8,000 miles.

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
Things happen, just take it in and get it corrected. Issues happen with all makes and models. None are exclusive.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just purchased a 2018 Elantra with all the safety tech and after only 3 days of taking possession with less than 50 miles on the odometer, the "Check AEB System" warning came on. Now I gotta take it into the dealer for service.

Extremely disappointed with this purchase especially when you consider my decision to go with an Elantra was based mostly with JD Power Stats.

Keep in mind the front sensor under the license is completely clean.
Could you please keep us updated on your situation? I'd love to know how Hyundai handles it, hopefully in a manner where you will happily keep the vehicle.

Reactions: agrwuj

·
Registered
2 Posts
Had that happen too at about 300kms on mine. Was pretty pissed but didn't panic. Although the warning went away you have me wondering if there's still an underlying issue here. What did they say was wrong with it?

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Pop the cover on the windshield camera.. make sure camera is connector is fully lock in place...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well, count me in on having this issue as well. I was on a rough road a couple weeks back in our 2017 Elantra Limited and after I restarted the car I get the check AEB and Smart cruise warning lights ever since. Here's the kicker, I took it to a dealer today to get fixed and was told that they would likely consider that a non warranty issue (A collision the service advisor said) and it would likely not be covered. I said I'm going to try the dealer where we bought the car and see what they say, well I called them and he said it's possible that it wouldn't be covered if there's evidence that it's not a manufacturer defect. Are you kidding me? I've never heard of such a thing, especially how they consider riding on a rough road a collision of some sort, wow. :surprise:

Has anyone had any luck getting this issue fixed under warranty? If so, what was the exact issue that was found? I checked where the camera is up in the middle of the windshield and the cable is connected to that, so I'm assuming something came loose somewhere else possibly, but I don't know where exactly to look. Another poster in another thread mentioned a "reset" button in the area where you open the hood, but I couldn't find anything around there.

Thanks,

David

1 - 8 of 8 Posts