Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
740 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Goodyear NORDIC WINTER Tires | Belle Tire

These are Canadian Goodyear tires. They are super cheap at $45 a tire. They are S-rated tire. I know Goodyear is a good brand but I'm concerned about quality because of the price. Anyone experienced this tire before? I'm afraid it will be too soft where it will pop when it hits potholes.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had them on my Volkswagen 2004 during 2 years and I really like the quality/price. They do a good job during snowstorm and also have a good grip on ice. I had to do long ride with them on to go to school(school is 1 hour far from my house) and had no problem during winter.

Here in Quebec they are a bit more expensive 75 to 120$ depending of the size.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Wondering the same thing. My commute, while short, deals with mostly unplowed and unmaintained country roads for about 6-8 months of the year. Right now I've got stock tires on (I've got a 2012 Accent), but the grip really isn't ideal so I'm looking for an affordable solution for winters.

Being from Winnipeg, snow tires are pretty much a must-have here, especially in the suburbs. Winter driving can be a PITA sometimes...

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
My brother ran a set on a mini van; traction okay but wear life seemed a little less he said.

Snows are soft compound like you know, they were done after approx 3 seasons.

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
My brother ran a set on a mini van; traction okay but wear life seemed a little less he said.

Snows are soft compound like you know, they were done after approx 3 seasons.
Well, seems like a good deal at only $45 a pop. Plus the Elantra is lighter than a minivan, so it might work out to 4 or 5 seasons.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Don't be fooled by the brand name. These tires are specifically-made for the Canadian Tire store, so they are basically a hosue brand, a low-end tire. But it's still a winter tire...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts