Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok folks..

First hand report..

MAJOR snowfall in our area 20cms so far and counting..
no sanding trucks or bladers cuz they are busy dealing with highways..

I just had a blast cutting thru the snow in town..lots of curves..stop and go..even some traffic on narrow roads..

EVERY time "fe" started to slide while driving..instant correctness
obviously tires (all seasons) have something to do with it..BUT around corners..It was a dream!!!
I NEVER white knuckled or tensed my rear end;)

I noticed a few cars *ahem* a cr-v a minivan and 2 cars up on the curb...and a large pickup fishtail on a turn (he was driving like a dummy)

But I was 100% confident driving the whole time..

Did I mention zero visibility and wing gusts of 30-50 kmph???

Just though y'all may be interested!!!
LOVE my FE!!!:wub:

·
Registered
406 Posts
:eek: I hope you're planning on getting some winter rubber before next winter!

I had winter rubber on mine before I even took possession! I'm unstoppable (or should that be very stoppable) with my winter rubber on my Fe!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Are you up in Calgary or Edmonton? Im in southern AB and it missed us again... darn. Glad your gettin around :D
just west of Edmonton..
QE2 by the airport/Leduc is shut down because of the pile up and they just shut down the Anthony Hendey both directions...thankfully out of the 300+ injured under 10 are serious..but Leduc hospital is at code orange...

I never would have been on the roads with my FWD Rondo!!
Now I'm sitting back with my Baileys and hot chocolate ,watching how many cars miss the turn down my road...so far 4 out of 23....

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
:eek: I hope you're planning on getting some winter rubber before next winter!

I had winter rubber on mine before I even took possession! I'm unstoppable (or should that be very stoppable) with my winter rubber on my Fe!:rolleyes:
No Hosehead I don't do winter tires:innocent:

I know I should but....I stick to good all seasons and my AMA card..

don't judge me...just love me:wub:

·
Registered
145 Posts
Santa Fe + major snowfall = FUN!!!

I agree the SFS is great in snow. The few times we have gotten bad snow, this winter, I've been out in it an had no issues. I've never had issues driving in snowy weather, but now I don't even care what the weather says... I just go. I'm still running the stock all seasons too.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
145 Posts
Santa Fe + major snowfall = FUN!!!

AWD I had them locked the whole time...does that make me a "cheater"? lol:innocent:
Nah.... I've only locked mine once. The closer you get to 26mph less the split is 50/50 and goes more towards FWD, so depending on speed you may be less of a cheater.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
One of my staff works remotely out of Edmonton, and had sent me a link this afternoon to an article about that pile up. Her sister works at the Hospital and says its mayhem.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Anybody in that area has FWD? And driven in such snow with all season tires?
Just curious.
My 09 Rondo had all seasons..I'm not gonna knock it cuz it got me thru 4 winters with no insurance claims..lol...
but on a day like today "snowmaggeden" I would never have tried to pull out of my drive way (and it had ESC traction control):frozen:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts