Courtesy of exLED
Thank you Sam!

More pics to follow when I get them in.

Attachments

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. Do you have anymore info? I looked on exled website and Bilstein and could not find anything.
Sam was a super ninja and found them overseas. They are not released over here in the states. However, since he is in S. Korea, he can get ahold of many items at great pricing that we can not. I was checking out their website and I came across a section that said, "If there are OEM Korean parts we are interested in, to contact them (not verbatim)". So, I asked about several after market parts that they use over there that are not available to us here in the states, a few emails back and forth and voila!
There are actually two models to choose from, "Basic and Pro", since there is limited information on them, I went with the basic and saved $300.
When I get them in, I will take some pics of both them and the manual. I will also take as many pics as I can when they get installed.

·
Banned
358 Posts
What was the overall price for these if you don't mind me asking. If you need any help trying to find new products let me know. I brought a few good products for the Sonata Turbo while I had it.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What was the overall price for these if you don't mind me asking. If you need any help trying to find new products let me know. I brought a few good products for the Sonata Turbo while I had it.
I always appreciate a helpful hand.

Unit price plus shipping = $1820.00

·
Banned
358 Posts
He probably wants a lower stance and a firmer ride with less body roll. I would like to have less body roll with mine, but I would either go with a front strut bar, thicker rear sway bar and/or different springs. I don't want to lower mine, but a stiffer/firmer ride would be nicer.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Can you say coilovers?

Why? What are you hoping to accomplish with these?
John
I have exactly the same question. Why? :confused:
I mean, I had aftermarket coilovers, sway/strut bars, control arms, etc on my s2k before selling it but that was s2k.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Can you say coilovers?

Why? What are you hoping to accomplish with these?
John
My guess would be less body roll, better stance, lowered more, stiffer ride, sharper cornering ability, be the first SFS with coilovers (in the states), breaking necks lol. I'm sure I hit the point of the coilovers somewhere in there :D

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have exactly the same question. Why? :confused:
I mean, I had aftermarket coilovers, sway/strut bars, control arms, etc on my s2k before selling it but that was s2k.
Really people! What a bunch of kill joys. You guys just suck all the fun out of customizing cars. Maybe I should just stay stock and only change my lighting on the vehicle. I didn't buy this car in hopes to have a cool ride picking up groceries, the kids (that's what the Benz and Audi is for) or for that matter any of what you purists would use it for. I bought it to customize the ish out it to my liking. And WHY?! Cuz I can and will continue to do so until they bury me. I guess it comes from the 23+ years of building custom vehicles, hot rods and cars for SEMA, CES, movies and top tv shows, but hey what do I know.
I bought this car cause it was cheap and I liked the design and can see its potential. Also, I post these things because it's boring to continuously seeing threads on upgrading to boring stock wheels, LEDs and so on. However, I totally respect your views and can understand less is more for some people, but if you don't have anything positive to add, then move on and give the same respect to those of us that enjoy customizing our cars.
I really don't like to go on blast and bring my automotive knowledge into these forums, but some of you know how to push a button or two. Before you bring someone down about something they have a passion for, be sure you know who your talking to or about.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
My guess would be less body roll, better stance, lowered more, stiffer ride, sharper cornering ability, be the first SFS with coilovers (in the states), breaking necks lol. I'm sure I hit the point of the coilovers somewhere in there :D
Amen bruddah!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Really people! What a bunch of kill joys. You guys just suck all the fun out of customizing cars. Maybe I should just stay stock and only change my lighting on the vehicle. I didn't buy this car in hopes to have a cool ride picking up groceries, the kids (that's what the Benz and Audi is for) or for that matter any of what you purists would use it for. I bought it to customize the ish out it to my liking. And WHY?! Cuz I can and will continue to do so until they bury me. I guess it comes from the 23+ years of building custom vehicles, hot rods and cars for SEMA, CES, movies and top tv shows, but hey what do I know.
I bought this car cause it was cheap and I liked the design and can see its potential. Also, I post these things because it's boring to continuously seeing threads on upgrading to boring stock wheels, LEDs and so on. However, I totally respect your views and can understand less is more for some people, but if you don't have anything positive to add, then move on and give the same respect to those of us that enjoy customizing our cars.
I really don't like to go on blast and bring my automotive knowledge into these forums, but some of you know how to push a button or two. Before you bring someone down about something they have a passion for, be sure you know who your talking to or about.
:eek: dude you took it wrong. Trust me I've been through it all from simply slapping on new rims to building the internals, and I still love working on cars though I have no plan to go far with the SFS. What I am wondering is the goal you are trying to achieve with aftermarket suspension. Personally I am happy with the stock height and if I happen to get something else, it would be for stiffer spring rate. I avoid to drop a load of money for something that has not been tested/reviewed (especially when a product has no detailed specification) and that is why I'm asking.

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm not here to butt heads with anyone but I took it the same way as AzFe did. (eccen) You stated you already had coilovers on your s2k. So you already know why/what coilovers do & what can be achieved with them. Maybe I just don't understand on the question (Why coilovers). Well I have said enough and look forward to seeing the final product!

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm not here to butt heads with anyone but I took it the same way as AzFe did. (eccen) You stated you already had coilovers on your s2k. So you already know why/what coilovers do & what can be achieved with them. Maybe I just don't understand on the question (Why coilovers). Well I have said enough and look forward to seeing the final product!
The question John and I had were "Why? What are you hoping to accomplish with these?" not "Why coilovers?"

Does anyone (AzFe maybe?) have specs? (height/damper adjustment range if available, and spring rate) I tried to find in both English/Korean but couldn't find any.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The question John and I had were "Why? What are you hoping to accomplish with these?" not "Why coilovers?"

Does anyone (AzFe maybe?) have specs? (height/damper adjustment range if available, and spring rate) I tried to find in both English/Korean but couldn't find any.
I appreciate you clarifying your position so, thank you. I just received them via fedex. I will be contacting Bilstein on mon or tues (days off) directly. I'm sure I will have to make contact via their u.s office first to set the tone. As I find out more, I will post updates. I would like to know as well and there are a couple of hybriding I'm gonna be trying to help with the alignment.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts