Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 334 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Looks like I will be buying a Santa Fe this week.

Does anyone know the km interval for the Santa Fe 2.4 L IN Canada? I'm having trouble finding any kind of maintenance schedule for Canada online. It does appear the 2.0 Turbo is every 3500 miles or 6000 kms. is that correct and is the 2.4 L the same? Canada is usually classified under "Severe" in the states so if you know the US that would be helpful I suppose.

I can obviously ask the dealership but I'm planning on choosing between the turbo and 2.4 before I go in again.

Thanks

·
Registered
242 Posts
I though I read on the manual every 6k then on another one says 8k. I am planning on just using synthetic oil with it

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im pretty sure the dealerships in canada push 3months or 6000which ever comes first. I usually stretch it to4 months since i do very little kms.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I looked in my Service Passport and it says 6,000 km or 6 months for oil and filter.

There is a blank Maintenance Log page for 6 months 12,000 km intervals but no specifics as to what gets done. Just a spot for distance, date and dealer code, for the mtce done I presume.

Not sure if there is stuff (info) to come yet but that's what I got with the vehicle.

·
Registered
334 Posts
I imagine I might do first one at 3k but will ask dealer.

Dealership has treated me well so I'm pretty sure the will have my business. I used to do my own oil, filter and other light maintenance but as I get older I'm getting lazier :)

I doubt that I'll ever get the miles (sorry, km's) so my services will probably all be time based.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Every 6000 kms is disappointing in this day and age. My Mazda goes 8000 and are Honda at work goes 10-12 k usually.

Oh well its a small thing.

·
Registered
232 Posts
remember if you have a turbo engine you should change the oil more frequesntly as that needs very clean oil to last. if you neglect it you can run into issues. not saying that pushing the oil changes to 8k will not yeild the same results but better clean oil than old black oil. but do what every you feel comfortable... its your car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm getting the 2.4 L anyway, and yeah i wouldn't push beyond what the dealer says, especially in km's. Sometimes time but I always get my cars done within the KM limit.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Yes i just cracked open my manual and severe maintenance which is basically canada is 6 mon/6000 km. I guess my dealership is just trying to get some extra cash outta me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
3K Maintenance???

Just rolled over 3,000 miles on the Santa Fe, and this is my 1st new car purchase. We purchased the car 450 miles away so needless to say we will be at a different dealership for all service. Our Hyundai dealer is the only one within 100 miles of us so they will be our go-to one regardless of price or service.

My questions:
How much should I expect to pay??
What should all be checked over, changed, etc.??

I want to make sure I am somewhat educated at what they may present to me.

FYI - I have not had a single problem to date. All of the common problems have missed me :) No rocking seat, wind noise, gas cap light, etc.

Thanks

·
Registered
283 Posts
Severe is 3750 and regular is 7500

I'm using severe myself.

If there is a KIA dealership closer use them for service if you can other wise buy a bunch of oils filters(they don't cost to much and are good quality) and get someone closer to do the maintenance if you don't want to do it yourself. Just go to the dealer for other issues.

100 miles it to far to drive for a oil change, at least to me it is.

·
Registered
27 Posts
My Dealer told me the first oil change (service) is in 3000 km (1800~1900 miles).
I have fun :)to do it by myself.

Oil Filter and O ring
Hyundai part # 26300 35503
Hyundai part # 21513 23001

1 - 20 of 334 Posts