Hyundai Forums banner

401 - 414 of 414 Posts

·
2,258 Posts

·
2,258 Posts
just ordered the roof cross bar set (part number: 4Z021ADU01) from Hyundai Parts | Hyundai Replacement Parts for only $217.50 + shipping!! I need these for the roof basket & led lightbar install i will be doing.

part number 4Z021ADU01 fits my 2013 Hyundau Santa Fe sport 2.4L non panoramic roof.

4Z021-ADU01 ROOF, CROSS BAR SET Santa Fe | 2013 Santa Fe Parts | 4Z021-ADU01
just got them in today. stay tuned for a review, install video. Hyundai Parts | Hyundai Replacement Parts kicks a55!

·
2,258 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
2016 roof rack

Man, they sure raised the height on the 2016 roof racks compared to my 2015. Anybody know why? The cross bars look 2 inches higher.

·
2,258 Posts
thats because of the pano roof. merging with the cross bars thread.

·
2,258 Posts
Did they have problems? My 2015 has the pano roof, but my cross bars are much lower.
someone must have mounted the wrong ones on your old car. the pano roof HAS to have the higher profile bars. the lower profile is for the solid metal roof. its a safety issue i guess.

·
Registered
358 Posts
someone must have mounted the wrong ones on your old car. the pano roof HAS to have the higher profile bars. the lower profile is for the solid metal roof. its a safety issue i guess.
I'll see if I can post some pictures to show you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
To try and summarize all I know from my past research, depending on which country you live in, the normal cross bars, when there was only one factory cross bar option, may or may not be allowed on the pano roof (probably a Hyundai legal department thing). The pano roof and the lower cross bars does work fine, but the clearance between the open roof and the cross bars is maybe an inch. So if you mount certain items to the cross bars your pano roof might hit them, which would mean you had to remember to not open the roof when using those rack components.

I have a 2014 with pano roof, and purchased the normal cross bars (the elevated cross bars were not available until about 6 months ago), no problems using pano roof. I also purchased some Rocky Mounts Tierod model bike racks, which are very low profile and allow the pano roof to still be opened.

Jim

·
Registered
2 Posts
2015 Santa Fe factory roof rack side rails-non Pano

I have searched the forum and read several options for the Pano roof. My 2015 does not have a Pano roof but does not have the factory side rails. I called 2 dealers and they both said they weren't sure I could order the factory roof rails and install them if my vehicle did not come from the factory with them. I know I can by the aftermarket clamp style ones, however I would like to use factory rails. My questions are does anyone know if my Santa Fe did not come with roof rails from the factory can I order them and install them myself? If so does anyone know a part number that is the full side rails? (I can find parts and pieces but not the full rails) Thanks.

·
2,258 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did read that. I also sifted through all 41 pages of this thread that moves from cross rails...about 10 pages of attaching kayaks and tons on Pano roof. Non of that applies to my questions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Sorry for bringing up an old thread..
Just bought a set of roof rails, but comparing it to where it would go in my 2013 with panoramic, doesn't match up.. stupid impulsive buy....
After reading through this thread...i'm guessing you can't put roof rails on sfs that didn't come factory with one...

401 - 414 of 414 Posts