Hyundai Forums banner

101 - 112 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
My screen went blue, too, so yesterday I took the camera off. Managed to break the clips on either end of the chrome piece, but it went back together ok.

The camera was corroded as other have described, & lots of fine dust under the trim & trunk liner. I spent some time on dirt roads the past few years, but not many miles. Surprised to see what got in there.

Anyway, i cleaned the camera the best I could using Electronic cleaning spray, gun bore patches, toothpicks, etc. Greased what needed greasing with dielectric grease, put it all back together & it was still dead. I'll have to order one.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A few pictures to help others

2014 Hyundai Santa Fe (7seater). Backup camera replacement. The video posted earlier in this thread is good but I thought I would add some additional info that may be helpful. Removal of the tailgate panel is as described in the video. Two 10mm screws that hold the handle on. Four phillips head screws holding the panel on with one plastic "pin" at the very bottom. I have the power lift gate so you need to disconnect the wiring from the switch once the panel is loose. I separated the lift gate switch from the panel. It makes re-installation a lot easier. When removing the panel there are two tabs the hold it to the pillar panels. They are really small and break easily. Both of the tabs on mine broke. No big deal as two of the phillips head screws are near the top of the panel and hold it in place! I removed the rear lights as well. Not sure this is necessary but easily done by removing four nuts (2 plastic and 2 metal for each light) and disconnecting the wiring. Once the panel is loose, you will see five metal nuts that thread onto "posts" attached to the rear plastic panel. Here is where I spent a bit of time figuring out what was going on. Turns out, there are additional plastic covered nuts threaded onto studs that hold the plastic panel to the body (two on each side). They are hidden under a short piece of weather stripping. I used the yellow panel tools to separate the weather stripping from the body. Push pins hold the weather stripping to the body. Using the panel removal tool gently pry at the base of the pin. This will expose the additional plastic nuts. So, a total of 9 nuts hold the panel to the body (4 plastic and 5 metal). Next, there are 10 clips that hold the panel in place. There is one in each far corner, don't miss those. I had someone apply slight upward pressure at one end of the plastic panel slightly lifting the studs out of "their" holes. This puts a little pressure on the clips. As described in a previous post, you can use a closed end wrench and place it over the clip. Then push away from yourself until you hear a click. Then pull toward yourself until you hear another click. The pin will pop through the hole. Keep working toward the other end until all ten clips are released. Once I figured this out it took about five minutes and no broken clips! Once the panel is removed the camera is accessible and easily removed by removing two screws. The camera wiring connector is attached to the panel. Push toward the passenger side to remove it. It is clipped into place so give it a good push. I've attached a picture showing the hidden plastic nuts, the fasteners I removed and tools I used. The picks helped with popping the back side of the clips in a few cases. So, 8 fasteners for the tail lights, 9 fasteners for the rear plastic panel, 4 screws, one plastic pin, and two handle screws for the interior lift gate panel. Now that I know how it works I could easily do this in less than an hour. I applied silicone around the seam where the camera is bolted to the body. Maybe it will help keep water out! I mentioned before that I have the power lift gate switch. I removed the switch from the panel by pushing on two tabs and popping it out. Replace the interior panel first then pull the lift gate switch wiring through the hole, connect and push the switch into place. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Looks like it's my turn. The camera on my 2013 with Nav has gone black after rain earlier this week. If it dries out and starts working again, I'm just going to swap it out. I'm very tempted to try one of the ~$60 ones on ebay instead of ~$200 for the OEM one, but we'll have to see how Mrs. MA_SantaFe feels about that. ;)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can anyone tell me the part name and/or numbers for the plastic clips?

I am planning to replace my back up camera on my 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport and have ordered the new camera and silicone. I wanted to order some clips since I will probably break them.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Can anyone tell me the part name and/or numbers for the plastic clips?

I am planning to replace my back up camera on my 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport and have ordered the new camera and silicone. I wanted to order some clips since I will probably break them.
I would just stop by any Hyundai parts counter and get them. They are not expensive at all.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Looks like it's my turn. The camera on my 2013 with Nav has gone black after rain earlier this week. If it dries out and starts working again, I'm just going to swap it out. I'm very tempted to try one of the ~$60 ones on ebay instead of ~$200 for the OEM one, but we'll have to see how Mrs. MA_SantaFe feels about that. ;)
My camera had been working fine for a few weeks after it dried out, so I tried removing and sealing it with the Permatex Black Silicone Sealant (~$4 @ Walmart) from ImStricken06's video in the first post. FWIW, I verified that the P/N is 95760-B8000 for a 2013 GLS with Nav. If this happens again, I'll just replace with a new OEM one.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Our 2013 SF XL just had the black screen issue several times over the summer after sitting out in a rain storms.It would start working several days later once it dried out. 2 weeks ago around sept 15th, while it was still working, I removed it , was able to split the camera case open by removing the 4 screws and packed the interior with dielectric grease, clamped it back together and then silicone sealed the seam and wire input area. Its been through 2 rain storms since and seems to be ok so far.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just finished fixing mine this Christmas break, 2013 SF XL (7Seater), got the blue screen. thanks to this forum was able to diy it, bought the camera off Hyundai, i'm from Canada , camera cost me about $320 if i remember. Edit- Just remembered i did break the panel / pillar clips, took me about 8 hrs to complete everything including buying the part. Gave my wife the option to buy the cheap amazon camera replacement for $50 or the Hyundai parts, she went for the Hyundai one.
Hyundai wanted i believe 190 for diagnostics, + camera + labor, so i believe it would cost me around $700 Canadian (I know everything cost more over here). I was lucky she went for the Hyundai one, because i would have dreaded putting it all back together again and then opening it up again another day for repairs. Also lucky that the local Hyundai dealership had the part in store.

I tried to clean the camera with Alcohol but it was already dead.

For diagnostics if you want you can test out the line. I used a raspberry pi video output (you could probably use a portable DVD analog video output), i tapped on the analog video output cable then wrapped the other side on a Pin / needle, used the needle to tap the video connector, the blue screen changed to the raspberry pi video out, i use it for arcade so it was showing the arcade screen.So i knew it was the camera, everything else from that point up to the screen was good.

Very thankful for the post i saw about the amazon camera replacement which led me the idea of testing out everything first before heading out to buy the parts.

Also before putting it back i made sure i weather proofed the camera (just the camera) with that Black Silicone sealant i bought for $8 at Princess Auto.

Below is the picture of the faulty camera for my Santa Fe XL 2013 (7 seater) part number 95760-B8150

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello fellow owners!

Since yesterday, the backup camera started acting up as of yesterday. It started with flickering of the image and then the screen went blank ( dark screen ). Disengage reverse and everything works perfectly ie: Navigation, CD, Bluetooth streaming, AM/FM, Bluetooth Call ect... Anyone having/had similar issues? Any suggestions?

Video By ImStricken06
I had the fully blue screen which started intermittent but eventually was almost always there. NOTE - I have heard others say that if the screen is fully blue, then your head unit is messed up - THIS IS WRONG. I had the full blue screen which is also what happens when you simply disconnect a good camera using it's automotive connector.

I used the ImStricken06 video as a guide and was able to replace mine. You will need an extension for your 10mm rachet to make it work in some tight spaces, and some small pliers and grip wrench in order to compress some of the clips holding the panel on the outside of the door. Some of these clips are very hard to get to and I ended up breaking a couple, but I don't think it's the end of the world. One thing to note is that there are hidden bolts on the very edge of the trunk which are also holding the panel on, and you need to pull back some weather stripping to get to them. It took me a while to find these while I struggled with the clips that wouldn't budge because of the hidden bolts.

Also, when I took the black moulding off of the inside of the door there were a couple small pieces of plastic that broke off, but it didn't look like they were necessary and it seems to have gone back together ok.

All told it took me ~ 4 hours of labour to get it all done & put back together. Having the new camera work is a good feeling. It is very do-able for a novice without needing too many tools. Thanks to everyone especially this ImStricken06 guy for the help.

·
Registered
113 Posts
MIne died on my Santa Fe XL - where do I get a replacement camera? Amazon, Hyundai, ebay? And since I have an XL - does that differ than the Santa fe sport camera?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Read my post just a couple above yours, Santa Fe XL 2013 (7 seater) part number 95760-B8150 . I got mine from Hyundai (Canadian $320 ). They should be able to give you a qoute and partnumber for the year / model of your Santa Fe XL 20xx . Then maybe check online for other sources if you want.

101 - 112 of 112 Posts