Hyundai Forums banner

81 - 100 of 112 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
This is a common issue on the Santa Fe. My son had same problem on is. It starting working again by itself. Think the camera dried out. There is a video on You Tube that shows how to get at it and the issues with it. It's not exactly protected from moisture. My son was quoted $600+ here in Canada to replace as warranty is gone.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Camera Problems

Thanks very much for your reply. I did see that video on You Tube.
I removed the tailgate trim and most of the bolts and screws for the Tailgate Back Panel. Video did not show how to release the 8 plastic clips to remove the Back Panel. I am now looking for advice as to the easiest way to get at them.
Tks Again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Back Panel Tailgate Removal - 2013 Santa FE Sport 2.0

I am trying to access my Rear View Camera and I have succeeded in removing the inferior Trim panel and Exterior Back Panel nuts. There are only about 6 plastic clips remaining that hold the Exterior Back Panel on and they are very difficult to access and are stubborn to remove. I am looking for advise as to the best way to get at the clips and to use a tool or flathead screwdriver to actually pop the clips out and to remove the back panel.

·
2,253 Posts
dude, please stop creating new threads on an already open topic. merging

·
Registered
7 Posts
My rear camera died in March and took it into the dealer and was told I was out of warranty on the camera. However I was in the dealership yesterday and they replaced my camera under warranty. They said that they had received a letter about a week ago indicating that the camera is now covered under warranty.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My rear camera died in March and took it into the dealer and was told I was out of warranty on the camera. However I was in the dealership yesterday and they replaced my camera under warranty. They said that they had received a letter about a week ago indicating that the camera is now covered under warranty.
I had warranty denied last year for this issue but just called my local dealer and they have indeed increased the warranty up to 100,000km/5yrs!

I am happy with my 3rd party camera but will be getting the OEM camera replaced anyway (for completeness of the vehicle and the resale aspect).

·
Registered
283 Posts
Ok, I was having this issue for almost a year and now I fixed it.

I've had the navigation unit swapped and still the camera issue was not fixed because I was over 60,000 KM.

First thing I did was watch IMSTRICKEN's video on youtube regarding replacing the backup camera.

Second thing I did was go to Ebay and purchase the backup camera from Europe. It came from MOBIS Slovakia. It is like over $300 dollars for just the camera. I paid around 200 Canadian with the exchange shipped to my house. I received it in 4 days. The only difference about the camera is that it does not come with the bracket because you can just reuse your existing camera bracket. MOBIS in europe sells you the camera buy itself. The cost of the bracket is extra.

3rd thing I did was watch the video again and get all necessary tools required.

Then I spent just over an hour tearing down the trunk lid by removing the tail lights and panels. Please be extremely careful with removing the exterior painted panel because those clips are a serious b**** to remove.

Once out you've made it to where the camera is housed. Unplug the camera and remove the two screws and voila. Then you just remove the two screws holding the bracket to the camera and screw it into the new camera. Then screw the new camera in and plug it into the socket and then put everything together.

Once you plug in your camera you can test everything out before putting everything together just like the youtube video.

Since then we have had zero problems with it. It only costed me almost 200 bucks and my time..

The guy has since dropped the price as he only has 3 left with free shipping..

NEW Original MOBIS Reverse Camera Back View for HYUNDAI Santa-Fe 95760-2W000 | eBay

Good Luck to you all!!!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ok, I was having this issue for almost a year and now I fixed it.

Since then we have had zero problems with it. It only costed me almost 200 bucks and my time..

The guy has since dropped the price as he only has 3 left with free shipping..

NEW Original MOBIS Reverse Camera Back View for HYUNDAI Santa-Fe 95760-2W000 | eBay
Glad you got it sorted out, but if you read a couple of posts back, the camera is now covered under warranty. You may be able to contact Hyundai and have your costs reimbursed as it should have cost you $0.

I managed to replace mine for less than $50 with a third-party camera that actually works better than the OEM one, and I wired it into the OEM harness. But I have an appointment next week to have the OEM camera replaced anyway.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Same exact issue on my 2013 Santa Fe. I called the dealer and they quoted me $451 to replace the camera.

I then called the customer care center and they gave me a case number, but claim that they have not heard of any problems with this camera. They told me to go to the dealer and have it fixed, and then call them again and they will see if they can help me. This all happened at the end of July-early August 2017.

If they have indeed decided to warranty it, could anyone provide the letter or the bulletin?

Thank you!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had warranty denied last year for this issue but just called my local dealer and they have indeed increased the warranty up to 100,000km/5yrs!

I am happy with my 3rd party camera but will be getting the OEM camera replaced anyway (for completeness of the vehicle and the resale aspect).
Which dealership did you go to? Mine is saying that it's out of warranty even though I'm within the 5year/100,000km warranty.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Which dealership did you go to? Mine is saying that it's out of warranty even though I'm within the 5year/100,000km warranty.
Baytowne Hyundai. I suggest just calling the next closest one to you since you're not locked into any particular dealer.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Lol... IMSTRICKEN has created a video on YouTube how to do this....

Go to eBay change the settings to UK... buy the OEM Hyundai reverse camera... way cheaper free shipping after conversion.

EBay UK has he original OEM camera for 85 pounds... 147 CANADIAN SHIPPED FREE.

(Use existing camera bracket) if yours is a little bubbled or rusted give it a light sand and spray rustoleum black)

Follow the video on YouTube... please use panel plastic panel tool... some clips may get broken you may need to replace a few new clips. Add a little silicone if you'd like and put everything back... voila...

I did this it took me around 2 hrs to complete...

The problem is the casing around the camera gets corroded from salt n water etc... in Canada as you know we get ripped off.. they do not sell the camera buy itself.. they sell the camera and the bracket together for an outrageous price... well if you go to UK eBay site they sell the OEM camera just make sure you use your part number for your camera... call dealer or look online for the part number and then when installing use your original camera bracket... my bracket was not rusted or anything. Two scews holds it together to the camera. Swap it over to the new one and your done... simple.. you save so much money...

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
182 Posts
It wasn't to bad to take apart, just be gentle with the plastic and don't do it when the plastic is cold. When taking the camera apart be careful not to strip the tiny screws. I used contact cleaner and used a brush gently to help with the removal of corrosion (let it dry really good). You could try using a tooth brush. I purchased some dielectric lube/silicone from princess auto and filled up the camera with it. So far so good and the wife goes to the car wash regularly and it has rained a lot here. Good Luck
So this is still holding up? I might try this at first with the only cost being the clips----

·
Registered
283 Posts
They are around 2.50 to 5 dollars each at dealer. Everything works great. Doesn't matter if it's warm or cold. These Hyundai clips can Break easily. The amount of Hyundai I've stripped. The parts guy can will tell you the same as well.

·
Registered
182 Posts
They are around 2.50 to 5 dollars each at dealer. Everything works great. Doesn't matter if it's warm or cold. These Hyundai clips can Break easily. The amount of Hyundai I've stripped. The parts guy can will tell you the same as well.

How many should I get? Also, do I simply tell this they're clips for tailgate molding?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blue Screen

I had the "blue screen" issue when the car was just 2,000 miles out of warranty. Extended warranty would not cover so I contacted Hyundai Directly and they opened a case. They covered both the camera and installation. Kudos to Hyundai!! :smile:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've read every post on this thread. Quite a bit of great info. Thank you.

One questions that I did have, that I never saw covered, is what's the difference between a black/blank screen and a blue screen? I've seen both mentioned. Most appear to be having a blue screen, and the camera replacement seems to fix it, but I am experiencing a black/blank screen.

Radio, navigation, Bluetooth, etc all seem to be working just fine. Only the backup camera is not working.

81 - 100 of 112 Posts