Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, my 2013 Canadian SFS came with HID, but the bulbs are as yellow as halogen bulbs :( I'm thinking of changing it to 6000K bulbs.
Any recommendation on brands/stores/websites??
I think bulb size is D3S. :D

·
Registered
2,052 Posts
Lots of threads talk about HID and bulbs. Just note that the stock bulbs will give you greatest light output. Move to 6000K, and your light output may be "whiter", but lower than stock.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mine aren't yellow per say, however I'm used to running 6000K so they don't cut the mustard. I'll be upgrading around Xmas time, in conjunction with going 3000K in the fogs.

I can say that my low-beams are not as yellow as the fogs, by any means. Try parking in front of a clean storefront window and see if there's a difference.

As for suggestions, stay away from Kijiji-china brand specials that cost $45. I will likely be upgrading to Lumens D3S 6000K bulbs (Lumens Replacement Factory OE Xenon HID Parts - D1, D2, D3, D4 Bulbs). From what I've gathered, they run around $110, and Performance Improvements and Northside Auto both carry them (but must call ahead to ensure they have a set on hand when you stop by).

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I tried those ones as well as some from another shop in Scarborough , both were garbage . Both were nice for a few weeks than light output was horrible
I put the oem back in .

I am looking for Phillips 4300k , hard to find real ones
there is a lot of knock off Phillips around but the are copies from china

·
Registered
2013 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport 2.0t limited
269 Posts
Do you mean the light projected by the headlight, or when checking the bulb itself from the front of the car?

The bulbs are yellow only when being close to the car...

If you go away in front of the car, the light will become white/blue. People coming toward you on the road see a white/blue light

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've found that since the LED eyebrow is so bright white, it makes the stock xenon's on the '14 look unimpressive compared to other xenon's I've seen. I've had a few people comment they look yellow-ish at certain angles.

The combination of the LED eyebrow and the xenons does look fantastic though. A couple of people have told me how cool the lighting is on my car. Makes it stand out from other cars on the road that only have xenons.

·
Registered
759 Posts
I've put in an aftermarket HID kit as I have the Canadian SE model. I put in 6000k colour, and it's a perfect white match to the eyebrow, as have other forum members. Check out the HID upgrade thread there's quite a few photos, including my recent upgrade.

·
Registered
427 Posts
CHATROOM: OEM HID (only)

Hi, how do the HIDS work on the santa fe?

Is it a bixenon projector with a cutoff shield, or is there another bulb(halogen) for high beams?

How is the output, cutoff, etc?

How is the access to remove the headlamps, or change the bulbs?

Thanks

·
Registered
544 Posts
The factory HID's use D3S bulbs which includes the built in ballast or High Voltage circuit. They are self leveling which after market does not give you. They are also 4300K which gives you the best light penetration but not as pretty as aftermarket 5000K.
All bulbs are fairly easy to replace on this vehicle and I have replaced my high beams with H7 LED bilbs.

·
Registered
427 Posts
self leveling is quite a nice feature.
so high beam is not hid.
what bulb did you use for high beam?

·
2,258 Posts
good topic. i renamed your thread to CHATROOM: OEM HID (only)

·
Registered
427 Posts
Hi, I am trying to reply to this thread with valuable info but my account doesnt allow me to link. asked a mod to help and I will edit my thread as soon as I can link

thanks

·
Registered
544 Posts
self leveling is quite a nice feature.
so high beam is not hid.
what bulb did you use for high beam?
Do an eBay search for 80 Watt stage 3 CREE H7.
They are not true 80 watt as they pull only about 12 watts when in high beam mode. They are brighter than halogen in DLR mode but less bright in high beam mode. I love the look much better than stock halogen.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts