Hyundai Forums banner
41 - 60 of 82 Posts
we already have a dash cam thread open, merging.

No serious injuries. Both airbags deployed so there were seatbelt burns, airbag burns and general hysteria. I agree, appears to be distracted driving.

Officer "dismissed" everyone when he saw the footage without taking further statements (and the driver admitted fault so that helped too I suppose).

Caught this one this morning with an A118 (obviously watch with the highest quality possible)./QUOTE]Accident video is unbelievable. the camera quality, to me, is outstanding. I may have found the model I'm looking for in the next several months.

Couldn't get over the definition of the picture. Which is what I am looking for. I want whomever watches it (police?), to be able to clearly see the well-defined road problem.

One question, kelmar. Well, a couple of questions: Happy with this? Have you considered an upgrade? Or, leaving well enough alone? Thoughts and honest evaluations much appreciated.

Caught this one this morning with an A118 (obviously watch with the highest quality possible).
Accident video is unbelievable. the camera quality, to me, is outstanding. I may have found the model I'm looking for in the next several months.

Couldn't get over the definition of the picture. Which is what I am looking for. I want whomever watches it (police?), to be able to clearly see the well-defined road problem.

One question, kelmar. Well, a couple of questions: Happy with this? Have you considered an upgrade? Or, leaving well enough alone? Thoughts and honest evaluations much appreciated.
Yes, mostly happy (for the price paid). I've considered upgrades; something with a bit higher night visibility (not that this is bad... and I don't really drive at night too much), capacitor instead of a battery, wifi (so I can send it directly to my phone), etc. However, for what I paid (and the research behind it) I felt that this was the best option for my money (and what I was willing to spend) and would do it again.

What price limit are you looking to stay within? Also, try this links:
The Best Dash Cam | The Wirecutter
https://dashcamtalk.com/dash-cam-buying-guide/

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/threads/a118-novatek-96650-full-hd-1080p-car-camera-dvr.5647/ - Specifically for the A118

I also watched a TON of youtube reviews about different ones.

i am looking at getting this unit:

i have seen some good video's with this cam

That's the one I have and posted a video of above :p

Caught the aftermath of an accident today (heard it happen but didn't see or catch it with the camera). Passed it a moment later.
i watched your video, that was pretty darn cool (in a sad way).

can you post a pic of where you have the cam mounted?

i watched your video, that was pretty darn cool (in a sad way).

can you post a pic of where you have the cam mounted?
Attached. If I did it again (or get bored enough to redo it) I'd do it without the "spacer" piece and move it up higher.

Attachments

Attached. If I did it again (or get bored enough to redo it) I'd do it without the "spacer" piece and move it up higher.
me likey! i got my eye on that cam. as soon as i stop buying expensive $400 Milwaukee tool purchases, i will have to pick that camera up lol

Which model do you have? Thoughts on it?
The camera? I have Garmin Virb Elite, I bought it when it first came out. Now I think its a lot cheaper than when it first came out.

I like it a lot, I got the Elite instead of GoPro because of the GPS chip and sensors. Mainly I bought it for my cycling needs but once in awhile I mounted in side my cars or ATV.

I really like the editing program that came with it. As it allowed me to overlay all data on my video such as speed, elevation, G-froce or my cadence / hear rate etc...

I got about 2 hrs battery life and about 5 hrs+ with 64GB SD card with 1080P @ 30 fps.

Reactions: kelmar
Recently purchased "The Original Dash Cam - Cyclops".
I like that it is small, light weight and does not obstruct my field of vision much.