Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 20 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Of all the vehicles I have owned I have never had Continental tires on any of them. Our 2013 Sport came with the 235x 55 R19 101H Cross LX Sport Continentals. Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with this brand? I don't know anything about them.
They are much more quiet than the Bridgestones on our 2010 SF. Seems to work well in the wet. Leaves a nice dry looking patch when running over very wet roads.

·
Registered
2,550 Posts
Thanks for the link. Just wondered if anyone has put many miles on them and how they wore and handled.
How's the weather in Jolly Ole' England? :D
In Europe, Continental Tyres are usually fairly long lasting but not cheap to buy at replacement time - but of course many international tyres brands use different compound for North America which gives longer life but less grip - I've no idea if that applies to Continental.

We're really noticing the effects of Climate Change in the UK - it always seems to be one extreme or another - we've had the 2nd coldest winter in a century but so little snowfall or rainfall that drought conditions are threatened and we get spates of wildfires !

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the link. Just wondered if anyone has put many miles on them and how they wore and handled.
How's the weather in Jolly Ole' England? :D
I have a high regard for Continental tyres...the first thing I noticed was the lack of lead weights attached to the rims after fitting...secondly the Bridgestones on the back two wheels did 47,000 kms,the Continentals on the front look as if they will turn over 65,000...I run a 2006 Terracan

·
Registered
474 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a high regard for Continental tyres...the first thing I noticed was the lack of lead weights attached to the rims after fitting...secondly the Bridgestones on the back two wheels did 47,000 kms,the Continentals on the front look as if they will turn over 65,000...I run a 2006 Terracan
Being retired and a former gun smith/firearms instructor I have the time to visit a couple of other forums each day. At the others the subject is firearms for the most part. This site my first on cars and is without question the most diverse when it comes to location of the posters. Now I've met an Aussie from down under!! Cool :D
Thank you guys for the input.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've been running Continentals for several years now on a couple of Subaru's. The model tire I've been using is the Extreme Contact DWS. It's a very high-performance all-weather tire. As with any tire, the higher up the chain you go looking for performance, the less wear you can expect from the tire. Short of an all-out Summer, super sticky, ultimate performance tire, these Extreme Contact DWS tires provide the best combo of performance and ride quality I've found in a street tire. They're a pretty expensive tire but you get what you pay for....driving fairly aggressively, I get around 35,000 miles on a set of these.

As soon as I can locate a set of anti-sway bars for the Santa Fe ( still looking...no luck yet ) I'll put the bars and the high-end Continentals on and will enjoy a huge jump in handling prowess.

·
Banned
730 Posts
Of all the vehicles I have owned I have never had Continental tires on any of them. Our 2013 Sport came with the 235x 55 R19 101H Cross LX Sport Continentals. Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with this brand? I don't know anything about them.
They are much more quiet than the Bridgestones on our 2010 SF. Seems to work well in the wet. Leaves a nice dry looking patch when running over very wet roads.
This is my first set of Continentals if I remember correctly. So far I love them. Great wet road traction and they even worked well this winter in the snow up here in snow country.
If you look at Tire Rack they have some pretty good user reviews...
Tire Search Results

·
Registered
75 Posts
Few days ago i receive:

I install today
-Hyundai OEM Genuine SF Floormats
-Hyundai OEM Genuine Wheel locks

I make another post for:
- 3M Door Edge protection film (part No.:08582)
- PIAA H8 Plasma ION Yellow (2500k) for fogs

And: waiting another nice stuffs B)
Couldn't help noticing the Nexen tires; are you located outside the USA? Continental is standard 19" out of the West Point plant.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Couldn't help noticing the Nexen tires; are you located outside the USA? Continental is standard 19" out of the West Point plant.
Yep. Dom. Rep.

Here SF came from Korea

I dont like much Nexen tires, but they do good job (In dry and wet, here we dont have snow).
I going to swap 20's + Yokohama Parada Spec X in Christmas :D

·
Registered
75 Posts
Yep. Dom. Rep.

Here SF came from Korea

I dont like much Nexen tires, but they do good job (In dry and wet, here we dont have snow).
I going to swap 20's + Yokohama Parada Spec X in Christmas :D
FYI, the Roadian 581 has been discontinued for import to the USA but Nexen is releasing a 19" tire in the 3rd quarter that I believe many on this forum will be very interested in!

Attachments

·
Registered
103 Posts
FYI, the Roadian 581 has been discontinued for import to the USA but Nexen is releasing a 19" tire in the 3rd quarter that I believe many on this forum will be very interested in!
Interesting.

I see the reviews of this Nexen Nfera RU5 tires in the end of this year

·
Registered
119 Posts
What tires did you finally decide on?

I am about ready to replace the original Continentals with a little over 57000 miles and was just wondering what others have put on their vehicles.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I am about ready to replace the original Continentals with a little over 57000 miles and was just wondering what others have put on their vehicles.

How did your original Continental tires hold up? Did they wear even across the board? I can only imagine the price to replace that brand.....they are proud of their tires and it shows in the price.

1 - 20 of 91 Posts