Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I was wondering if there was a way to have the charging port to stay on all the time when the car is cut off. When i leave my phone in the car charging, the charging port cuts off and my phone is dead when I come back in the car. If there is a way can you please let me know how to do it.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
You would have to get underneath the dashboard and do some rewiring. I don't know if the 12V power outlet (that used to be) in the trunk is constantly on or not.

BTW, you're lucky your phone is only dead after leaving it in the car. iPhones are prime targets for thieves.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
the 06 had 12v in the trunk.

u can buy one of these bad boys Amazon.com: Custom Accessories 10242 Auxiliary Twin Power Outlet: Automotive
stuff it in ur glove box (keep phone out of site and heat/sun) or under the steering column, and ground it to any of the metal under the steering wheel area and wrap the exposed wire end of your positive around the leg of a fuse in the fuse box to the left of the steering wheel panel when the door is open.

·
Registered
125 Posts
the 06 had 12v in the trunk.

u can buy one of these bad boys Amazon.com: Custom Accessories 10242 Auxiliary Twin Power Outlet: Automotive
stuff it in ur glove box (keep phone out of site and heat/sun) or under the steering column, and ground it to any of the metal under the steering wheel area and wrap the exposed wire end of your positive around the leg of a fuse in the fuse box to the left of the steering wheel panel when the door is open.
Better yet you can use an add-a-circuit. Just get a power outlet like above (you can buy one at autozone for like $10) and bolt the black wire to ground. Run the red wire to the add-a-circuit. Just make sure the add-a-circuit is placed in a fuse location that is constant and not ignition powered. You can put the new outlet almost anywhere, as long as your wires can reach the fuses behind the side panel of the driver's side dash.

Also make sure you get the mini ATM add-a-circuit. The fuses are mini ATM in that area. The picture I attached above of the add-a-circuit is regular ATM, but you get the idea.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
Alfu and Cyclones6's posts offer a much easier way than mine. It's MUCH easier to poke a wire into the glove box than it is to get behind the dashboard and rewire one of the existing 12V power plugs. BTW, some smartphones (I'm lookin' at YOU, Samsung) won't charge with any old charger; the micro USB port, where you plug in the charger, is wired differently. Gee, ya think they did that so you have to buy THEIR charger?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts