Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I tried to plug in my HTC One into my 2011 Sonata Turbo to charge it. The screen keeps indicating "Read Error". I am not trying to load anything from the phone to the stereo. I am just trying to charge it. Has anybody else had this issue? How do you resolve?

Thanks,
Lance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Lance,

At the risk of hijacking the thread that you started, I'll tell you that Hyundai techs have said that the USB port in these cars cannot be used to charge personal digital devices (phone, tablet, etc.) My 2012 Santa Fe is gives me the same error when I try to charge my blackberry.

The easy work-around is to use a dedicated phone charger in the 12Vdc port right next to the USB port, but that's inelegant.

Does anyone on the forum have an idea of what it would take to swap out the USB port and install one that could supply enough power to charge a blackberry or Android phone?

·
Registered
18 Posts
The read error is most likely coming from how your USB dock settings are right now. When connected to the car look at your phone in the status bar and select USB Options (or something similar, each phone is a little different). Typically you have an option for media mode, camera mode etc. which dictates how the computer (car) is reading your phone.

I'm guessing the car is trying to read your music information on your phone but can't because of your USB setting so therefore giving you a read error result. This should not however stop your phone from charging. It should still be able to take a charge provided you're using a good cable.

I have noticed on my car it doesn't charge for crap when connected to the USB, I don't know what the amp rating is on it but that is probably why.

Like Alex12GLS said, the best option is to get an adapter for the 12v outlet right next to it. There are plenty on amazon and I have used them for years and they work great.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts