Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hyundai Sonata Limited
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry if this has already been covered.
After doing the latest map update, I don't seem to be able to move my preset radio channels. The option in the manual is no longer available in the Menu screen:
Editing the radio channel list Changing the order of registered channels 1 At the upper left of the Radio screen, press Menu > Reorder Presets. 2 On the presets list, press next to the channel you want to move, then drag it to reposition. 3 To complete the change, press . The presets list is updated with the sequences changed

Any workaround for this issue? Do I need to delete all my presets and start over again?

It is at least serendipitous that my first and last presets are my favorites, so I can toggle between the two with the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was disappointed that they removed the ability to reorder the presets as well. I don't understand why it was removed.

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a workaround at the moment. If you're a fan of the head unit recording your first 10 SiriusXM stations in your presets, you'll have to forego adding more than 10 SiriusXM stations to your presets. Before the update I had close to 25 stations saved, including a few comedy and news stations, with my 10 absolute favorites at the top of my list. Now I've had to delete the other 15 or so stations and just keep my top-10 on the list so that I know they'll be recorded on my commute. I hope they add back that feature on the next update. I honestly can't think of any reason they would've removed it in the first place. :-/

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was disappointed that they removed the ability to reorder the presets as well. I don't understand why it was removed.

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a workaround at the moment. If you're a fan of the head unit recording your first 10 SiriusXM stations in your presets, you'll have to forego adding more than 10 SiriusXM stations to your presets. Before the update I had close to 25 stations saved, including a few comedy and news stations, with my 10 absolute favorites at the top of my list. Now I've had to delete the other 15 or so stations and just keep my top-10 on the list so that I know they'll be recorded on my commute. I hope they add back that feature on the next update. I honestly can't think of any reason they would've removed it in the first place. :-/
Did either of you ever find a solution for this? I just installed the Spring 2021 map update and ran into the same issue. This sucks. Prior to the update, I had my favorite stations on the first page, followed by my kid's on the second. Now if I want to toggle between my most listened to presets, channels 11 and 116, I have to toggle through all of my kid's presets in the 70's. Wth!? I was so frustrated I finally reduced my presets from 16 to 6, just so I don't have to toggle all day. Smh.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Did either of you ever find a solution for this? I just installed the Spring 2021 map update and ran into the same issue. This sucks. Prior to the update, I had my favorite stations on the first page, followed by my kid's on the second. Now if I want to toggle between my most listened to presets, channels 11 and 116, I have to toggle through all of my kid's presets in the 70's. Wth!? I was so frustrated I finally reduced my presets from 16 to 6, just so I don't have to toggle all day. Smh.
Yeah, no solution that I am aware of. I am in the same boat, like to keep my music, family music, comedy, news, etc in groups and my favorite music channels in the range for the auto-record. And now since just the XM channel number is the only thing that displays in the small preset tabs along the bottom, now I have to memorize those and not just look for the station name. I am 15+ years into having satellite radio and this is the stupidest interface I have had to use.

·
Premium Member
'21 Limited, "18 Limited, "15 Limited
533 Posts
The update is TRASH!! I have yet to update my system based on what I have seen and read on this forum. Piss poor design, graphics, user interface, missing sub-menus, and a loss of many features that most people liked. F---- RIDICULOUS!! It is very clear that the designers/authors of this mess is not at all listening to the users that have complained about the upgrade monstrosities.

·
Registered
2012 Sonata 2.0t Ltd & 2020 Palisade Ltd
1,086 Posts
The update is TRASH!! I have yet to update my system based on what I have seen and read on this forum. Piss poor design, graphics, user interface, missing sub-menus, and a loss of many features that most people liked. F---- RIDICULOUS!! It is very clear that the designers/authors of this mess is not at all listening to the users that have complained about the upgrade monstrosities.
Then use the mapnsoft forums to complain: Hyundai Mapcare | Forum

·
Registered
739 Posts
I believe you are preaching to the choir here...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I hate not having the freedom to order my stations as I please putting my top10 stations on top to be recorded on my new 2021 Sonata

·
Registered
8 Posts
I hate not having the freedom to order my stations as I please putting my top10 stations on top to be recorded on my new 2021 Sonata
I appreciate this getting bumped back up because I was going nuts trying to figure out how to do this with my new 22 Sonata SEL Plus. Seems pretty ridiculous to remove such a basic feature in the screen.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts