Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my first new car ,new pacific blue 2011 gls with pep package last week. But I don't like the look of the grille, I would like to replace it with the full chrome or matt black from shark racing. How hard is to replace them, I am kind of new to this. I would appreciate any step by step instructions. Also, is there any Se or limited owner willing to trade their full chrome grille, incase if they have replaced for matt black grille.
Thanks a lot for reading this post

·
Registered
365 Posts
Now the hard part. I didn't want to remove the bumper, which would be the easiest way to get to the screws on the back of the factory grille. I just pulled the plastic out and stuck my hand in between the radiator and the grille. I used a 90 degree "skew" angle driver to get to the screws. It took a while and I cut my hands a little on the metal in the back, but I didn't want to mess with the bumper. They were Phillips head screws on the back of the grille, 6 of them if I remember right.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
QUOTE (armycop @ Nov 14 2010, 08:47 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=371654
Now the hard part. I didn't want to remove the bumper, which would be the easiest way to get to the screws on the back of the factory grille. I just pulled the plastic out and stuck my hand in between the radiator and the grille. I used a 90 degree "skew" angle driver to get to the screws. It took a while and I cut my hands a little on the metal in the back, but I didn't want to mess with the bumper. They were Phillips head screws on the back of the grille, 6 of them if I remember right.
I appreciate for your detailed instructions. Let me take the venture next week.
Thanks again

1 - 5 of 5 Posts