Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know some of the people on the post got the turn signal mirrors from Shark Racing to replace the mirrors they have. I was wondering if we just buy some OEM from Fleabay, would the install be the same as the Shark racing (minus the plug ins being different). I am almost on the verge of going that route if it works...

·
Registered
196 Posts
HY james... if ur car is a 2011 turbo se u have a great chance your door harness will not have the turn signal wires ....unless you add them ... fleabay mirrors will work.. other shark racing mirrors only add power folding feature..

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
HY james... if ur car is a 2011 turbo se u have a great chance your door harness will not have the turn signal wires ....unless you add them ... fleabay mirrors will work.. other shark racing mirrors only add power folding feature..
Yeah, I may get the mirrors from Shark only cause everyone has added them and seems to like them. Max did you do the project as well with Jim?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
22,793 Posts
Okay, guys, how difficult to pull off those mirrors? Pop off? Any threat of breaking the attaching hardware?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Maz and you have the shark racing mirrors? Do you have any pics of them?

·
Registered
301 Posts
I am waiting for Rock auto to start selling 2014 Sonata mirrors made by a third party. I hope they will cost less than $60 a pop and I would love that 2014 mirrors have extra glass part that eliminates / reduces blind spot.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am waiting for Rock auto to start selling 2014 Sonata mirrors made by a third party. I hope they will cost less than $60 a pop and I would love that 2014 mirrors have extra glass part that eliminates / reduces blind spot.
I would like them as well but more so want the turn signals as well

·
Registered
699 Posts
Hi James,

If your auto did not come with mirrors that have the turn indicator led's the auto does not have the wiring to support the led's. If you have to run wiring for the led's its a big job but not impossible. Read the posts regarding the installation of folding mirrors on the US Sonata. People with autos without led's had to run wiring for those mirrors, plus wiring for the fold function and puddle light.

Wiring requirements on the eBay mirrors should be the some as the Hyundai mirrors with led's.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bobb, I could live without the power folding mirrors. Just would like the the turn signals...I dont think it would be that hard to install but again im not an installer lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts