Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I bought a new headlight assembly for a 2013 Accent on CarParts.com. The technician I spoke with said it's an easy plug and play replacement. It's not...I think he was referring to the Elantra which looks like it is according to the YouTube video. I can't find anything on how to change the headlight assembly on the Accent. I can get it almost removed, but there is some screw I'm not seeing somewhere that is holding the assembly in. Please help! Thanks for your input.

Pam

·
Registered
68 Posts
They should just bolt right on and then just hook up the wiring. Do you have any photos you could show us? There are 3 bolts that hold the units on the car, you only removed 2. The other one is on the bottom. You have to remove the front bumper of you car in order to remove the old units and install the new. Yes the headlights you bought are plug and play replacements, but in order to get to the other bolt you have to remove the front bumper.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank so much! He never mentioned having to remove the front bumper, but I was thinking I had to in order to get to that bottom screw. Just wanted some reassurance before I got into it even further. Now it all makes sense! The YouTube video helped! :)

Pam

1 - 3 of 3 Posts