Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed plugs and EGR valve. Ugly job to get those back 3 plugs and did the EGR since it was accessible. Put it back together and it started quickly and ran great. After a bit of run time ESC OFF light was on and I had code P0102 code with the check engine light. Haven't driven.

ESC light went out and hasn't come back with restarts. Cleared MAF code, comes back when I restart.

Cleaned MAF but that didn't help. It looks like all wires/hoses, etc are all back where they should be.

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
13,744 Posts
P0102 means there is no output from the MAF sensor, like there is no air passing through it at all. If the intake hose is connected to the throttle body I think we can assume there will be a significant amount of air passing through the sensor, even if there is an air/vacuum leak. Maybe there is no output because the sensor 12V power supply or ground is open circuit/boken.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Solved.

Thanks guys. I did unplug the battery. Pulled air box and throttle body again. Checked every thing again.
Cleared code.
Runs great and no lights!

I must have had an air leak somewhere as you suggested.

·
Registered
13,744 Posts
No it is low output.
Yes, low output is the generic OBD definition for the P0102 code.
But the DTC description that is specific to the OP's engine tells us that the code is set when the sensor output frequency is <1000Hz, which basically means there is no air flow through the sensor at all.

·
Registered
13,744 Posts
Of course. And when the input is saying there is no air flow while the engine is running that doesn't fit the map, and the code is logged.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts