Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

So I'm pretty sure my Washer Reservoir is leaking. I filled it up just 2-3 weeks ago and it's already telling me to fill it up again. I know I filled it up more recently before that so I gotta check it out.

I cannot seem to find a video to replace the washer reservoir fluid -- can you help? And where would be the best part to get a washer reservoir tank to replace it with?

·
Registered
250 Posts
The washer pump simply pushes into the side of the tank forming a plug. It could have come loose and is causing a leak. You can probably access the pump and have a look at the tank by removing the front portion of the right front wheel well liner. The pump itself can leak as well.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The washer pump simply pushes into the side of the tank forming a plug. It could have come loose and is causing a leak. You can probably access the pump and have a look at the tank by removing the front portion of the right front wheel well liner. The pump itself can leak as well.
Oh that makes sense. I didn't think about that. I'll see what if i can do that later today. A bit scary... argh. I hope don't mess up things. I can't even find videos...

·
Registered
250 Posts
No tips as I've never done such a job on that car but it's probably held in with those plastic push buttons. A wide, flat, thin pry bar or forked trim removal tool might help. Maybe just a mirror and flashlight could allow you to see the problem by looking straight up under the reservoir.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Turn the steering wheel all the way to the right. Turn off car. This moves the front of the tire out of wheel well to give you access to liner. There are two push rivets under the car, right in front of the wheel well. There are also a couple of these rivets in the wheel well. You remove them by using something flat, I use a trim panel remover tool, and go under the rivet, then use a Philips screwdriver to unscrew the push pin. You can’t just pop them off. Pull the liner into the wheel well to give you access to the bottom of the washer tank. You do not need to remove the entire liner. Just take out enough of the rivets to comfortably access the pump/fog light area. When you pull back the liner, you will see tank and the black pump. There are two tubes, the one closer to the front of the car, is for the rear hatch, the one closer to the tire is for the front windshield. The tubes just pull out and push in. Replacing the pump, I’m not sure. You probably need to disconnect the power clip at the pump and the pump may just pull out of the tank or look for a screw or two that hold it in place. By the way, you will also have access to the fog light, so you can take advantage and replace the bulb. Reinstalling the liner is super easy. Line up the hole of the liner to the one in the body of car and push the bottom part of the rivet in. Then push in the screw part of the rivet right in. This expands the rivet locking it in place. Make sure you install the same number of rivets that you removed. I tried to be detailed since it sounded like you had no experience doing this work. It is very easy and working on the Elantra GT is also very easy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
When you pull back the liner, you will see tank and the black pump. There are two tubes, the one closer to the front of the car, is for the rear hatch, the one closer to the tire is for the front windshield. The tubes just pull out and push in.
Thank you for a detail description. I will come back with results. I'm assuming this where the crux of my problem may be at .... a loosened pump... perhaps.

·
Registered
45 Posts
The tank is pretty big. Even with a daily squirt to your windshield daily for 2-3 weeks, you should have washer fluid left. Maybe 1/3. Only way to find out what is wrong is to get access to it and look. The pump could have developed a leak? The seal around the pump may have gone bad? You need to replace the pump with either one of these scenarios. The part number for the pump 985102J500. I have a 2014 EGT.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The tank is pretty big. Even with a daily squirt to your windshield daily for 2-3 weeks, you should have washer fluid left. Maybe 1/3. Only way to find out what is wrong is to get access to it and look. The pump could have developed a leak? The seal around the pump may have gone bad? You need to replace the pump with either one of these scenarios. The part number for the pump 985102J500. I have a 2014 EGT.
I wish there was a video because I do not understand what a wheel well is... I am looking... nothing

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
@Gator1PK Well, I spent about 2 hours at an AutoZone parking lot and I got the wheel off and the well liner. I tried tugging on the pump/other part and it all looked snug.

I had no idea what to do look for but I kept looking. I also pour a full bottled water down to test for leaks and nothing. Here's what I had...

Thank you so much for your time.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts