Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody change the horn for the lock sound? It just sounds so pathetic... I turned it off because I hate the wimpy little sound it makes. I've searched for different horns, but all I can find are the ones for steering wheel horns, not the smaller one for the lock sound.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I had a hard time finding that lock horn as well and it’s probably located somewhere that it cannot be change, the alarm horn and the steering wheel horn can easily be change. Wait up for a member Ratledge and I believe he is working on changing a few horns, maybe he can give you some insight once see this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
669 Posts
I didn't mess with it, but here it is: (driver front wheel well)

Attachments

·
Registered
669 Posts
I didn't mess with it, but here it is: (driver front wheel well)
Yep, sorry. The diagram I posted is for the MY18 Santa Fe Sport.

What you are looking for is exactly the same, but exact location is likely different.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good Day People,

How do you turn the horn beep off when you lock your Sonata? I just got mine and would like to have just the blinking lights like on my 2008 Sonata I just traded in. Thanks for any suggestions.

P.S. Have only made it through the first hundred pages of the War and Peace books in the glove box.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
On my 2017 Sonata SE the lock horn is in the engine compartment on the passenger side strut housing.

Frank 2017 Sonata SE with 10500 miles

Hmmm, I thought that’s the alarm horn and didn’t think it’s the same as lock horn. I did upgrade that in my previous car to highway blast horn so you maybe you can have a look at that horn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
669 Posts
There are four noise makers under the hood. Lock/unlock buzzer, twin horns and burglar "alarm": (above, left & behind engine)

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes, the one on the left engine compartment is the right one. I'm just having trouble finding a good sounding replacement.
Did you ever find out how to change the sound? I’m with you, I really don’t like the wonky sounding “meep” Lol

·
Registered
222 Posts
The only solution is to replace that particular horn with a louder one. Unfortunately, it is also the same horn used for the alarm.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts