Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How am i supposed to change this driver side fog light bulb on my 2002 Santa Fe? Might as well take off the bumper... no way my hands can get under the hood all the way down there or no luck from under the car --Help........

·
SENIOR MODERATOR
9,284 Posts
You have to take the headlight out in order to gain access to the fog light socket. That's the easiest method I've found. The other way is to approach it from the bottom and pull back the lining that wraps around the tow hooks. But that's a dirty and frustrating procedure.

·
Registered
390 Posts
My 2002 takes the H3 type bulb. The easiest way that I have found is to remove the bumper cover. It's very easy and does not take long at all. You still have to unbolt the headlights but you don't have to unplug the harnesses. There is enough slack in the wiring to move them aside. If you try to do it with the bumper on you will waste more time and frustration.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
QUOTE (pemdas1972 @ May 25 2010, 11:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=326145
My 2002 takes the H3 type bulb. The easiest way that I have found is to remove the bumper cover. It's very easy and does not take long at all. You still have to unbolt the headlights but you don't have to unplug the harnesses. There is enough slack in the wiring to move them aside. If you try to do it with the bumper on you will waste more time and frustration.

For the H3 fogs, remove the headlamp, and reach in and unscrew the lamp housing from the cover.. no need to remove the bump cover, unless you is replacing the A/T oil cooler or 915 cooler tube recall.. :grin:

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts