Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
Unlocks but wont lock? Sounds like the maybe the relay that sends power to the door actuators to lock the doors is faulty.
I'm pretty sure the relay will be soldered directly onto the circuit board inside the dash fusebox/BCM on a GK Coupe/Tiburon, unfortunately.
So your probably looking at a replacement fusebox/BCM if that's the case, unless your pretty handy with a hot soldering iron.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The door lock relay is okay changed actuator on tailgate put light on the dash not on, the white block on the actuator where do the wires go? 🤔 🤔

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
The door lock relay is okay
Glad to hear that. How did you check it?

Anthonybrian1940 said:
changed actuator on tailgate
Why? That isn't part of the central locking system that you originally posted about.

Anthonybrian1940 said:
put light on the dash not on
The tailgate warning light isn't on? What about the boot/trunk light?

Anthonybrian1940 said:
the white block on the actuator where do the wires go?
By white block I assume you mean the electrical connector? Wouldn't that just plug into the mating connector on the car's wiring harness?
If the tailgate latch/actuator isn't connected that will be why the tailgate warning light isn't working, and the boot/trunk light wont be working either since that is on the same circuit.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A mate checked it said it was fine, he went on a different forum advised that I change the actuator the white block is connected but no light on dash when tailgate is open. But light in boot is working

·
Registered
12,193 Posts
he went on a different forum advised that I change the actuator
He went to different forum :surprise: Why on earth would he do that?
So, has following their advise cured the central locking problem? Or has that just created this new warning light problem that you didn't mention in your opening post here?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts