Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
This is a bit OCD I know, but when locking my 2008 SX Getz, the indicators (blinkers) have stopped illuminating.
They blink twice when I unlock the car, but nothing happens when I lock it. I can't find any fuse that is causing the issue, so I'm guessing it is a relay somewhere, but where?

Sure, this isn't a big issue, but if anyone out there has an answer that saves me having to go to the dealer, I would appreciate it.
HooRoo,
Rebecca.

·
1,462 Posts
QUOTE (trampanto @ Jul 29 2010, 02:02 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345784
Hi Everyone,
This is a bit OCD I know, but when locking my 2008 SX Getz, the indicators (blinkers) have stopped illuminating.
They blink twice when I unlock the car, but nothing happens when I lock it. I can't find any fuse that is causing the issue, so I'm guessing it is a relay somewhere, but where?

Sure, this isn't a big issue, but if anyone out there has an answer that saves me having to go to the dealer, I would appreciate it.
HooRoo,
Rebecca.

Same thing happened to me a few days ago. I discovered one of the doors not being completely closed and thus, the central locking did not acknowledged the car as being truly locked.

If after making sure ALL doors are completely closed (including trunk), the central locking still does not blink once for locking, it means one of the door swithches (same ones that turn on dome lamp when opening door) is not working properly.

Robert B

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Robert B, that makes a lot of sense. A feqw days before this started happening, the interior light was on, despite it being set to door more. Will check the senses today.

·
Registered
1 Posts
QUOTE (Robert B. @ Jul 29 2010, 11:27 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=345880
Same thing happened to me a few days ago. I discovered one of the doors not being completely closed and thus, the central locking did not acknowledged the car as being truly locked.

If after making sure ALL doors are completely closed (including trunk), the central locking still does not blink once for locking, it means one of the door swithches (same ones that turn on dome lamp when opening door) is not working properly.

Robert B
Right answer, something wrong with those door switch, tailgate, hood. Make sure all those swith must be close when you lock the door by remote.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Its your solonoid. Simply remove trim and its in a black casing remove and replace. Should take around 50 mins or pay a sparky £40 to do it.

Part should cost around £20 from sealers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts