Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi anyone out there who can tell me where to find a workshop manual for 2000 accent ..........have a problem with central locking the fuse blows after only a couple of flicks of the locking switch and i cant locate the relay can anyone help?

·
Registered
422 Posts
Is the central locking a factory fitment in your car, or have you had it fitted after you purchased it.

There are many types of systems in which central locking operates. It would be very hard to diagnose this problem through the net, so any information that you can supply about the C/L system would be great.

Dr. Hundi

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Oct 25 2004, 03:01 AM
Is the central locking a factory fitment in your car, or have you had it fitted after you purchased it.

There are many types of systems in which central locking operates. It would be very hard to diagnose this problem through the net, so any information that you can supply about the C/L system would be great.

Dr. Hundi
[snapback]1990[/snapback]​

john p

its factory fitted, i think the problem might be the relay but i cant locate it to rule this out if you could gie me the location of the relay or any other ideas on the problem that would be great

·
Registered
422 Posts
Do you know of what brand the central locking is?
The reason that i ask is because what is factory over there may not be factory over here.
Do you have a Hyundai logo on the remote pad?

The relay is under the drivers dash cowling (cover under the steering column.

There is usually a timer module on these cars. That will be a little black box about the siz of a wallet.
If you hold this and activate your c/l, you should be able to feel it click inside.

What happens, is the switching mechanism inside the control module can begin to hold on the door actuators for too long which then begins to draw alot of current, hence blowing the fuse!

Have a look, as far as I know the last cars in the hyundai range that utilised a dual relay c/l timer system were the 96-00 Lantra's.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Originally posted by john p@Oct 22 2004, 03:34 PM
hi anyone out there who can tell me where to find a workshop manual for 2000 accent ..........have a problem with central locking the fuse blows after only a couple of flicks of the locking switch and i cant locate the relay can anyone help?
[snapback]1927[/snapback]​

Hi John!
This might possibly help you out :-
http://www.hmaservice.com/webtech/iindex.a...6415#_394876415

Cheers,
Nick. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by Dr. Hundi@Oct 29 2004, 03:35 AM
Do you know of what brand the central locking is?
The reason that i ask is because what is factory over there may not be factory over here.
Do you have a Hyundai logo on the remote pad?

The relay is under the drivers dash cowling (cover under the steering column.

There is usually a timer module on these cars. That will be a little black box about the siz of a wallet.
If you hold this and activate your c/l, you should be able to feel it click inside.

What happens, is the switching mechanism inside the control module can begin to hold on the door actuators for too long which then begins to draw alot of current, hence blowing the fuse!

Have a look, as far as I know the last cars in the hyundai range that utilised a dual relay c/l timer system were the 96-00 Lantra's.
[snapback]2122[/snapback]​

thanks for the info the relays all checked out fine, i stripped down the actuator/motor assembly and the problem turned out to be a nylon washer that sitsbetween the contacters when the motor turns the locking cog it was out of position and made for a bad contact got it fixed now .....cheers!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts