Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all

I know very little about cars and need some advice on my potential problem and how to solve it.
I have an Hyundai i10 62 reg that I recently took in to my local Hyundai garage with rear central brake light problems (it wasn’t working). Having had the wiring replaced several days ago my central locking now doesn’t work. I can only lock the driver door from the outside with the key. All other doors need to be locked from the inside.
I’ve taken it back to the garage this morning and they’ve check the fob and the fuse and found it isn’t either of these.
My question is whether the replacement of the rear wiring could have caused this problem as it seems a massive coincidence that this problem has occurred since having other work done.
The garage are telling me they don’t know how much the work could cost as they don’t know what the problem is. I’m reluctant to keep throwing money at something until they find the problem.
Any advice or help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,308 Posts
In my experience, mechanics are hopeless at testing fuses. So why not just replace the D/LOCK & S/ROOF fuse (located on the dashboard fusebox) yourself and see if that cures the problem. The fuse positions are shown on the back of the fusebox cover.

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
In my experience, mechanics are hopeless at testing fuses. So why not just replace the D/LOCK & S/ROOF fuse (located on the dashboard fusebox) yourself and see if that cures the problem. The fuse positions are shown on the back of the fusebox cover.

In my shop we didn't just pull and look at a fuse. Some fuses will look fine and be bad. I had my techs do a volt drop test right across the fuse with the circuit loaded. The element in the fuse can get resistive and drop a little voltage across the element creating problems with low voltage circuits. Especially those feeding modules.

·
Registered
Drives : Nissan NV200 Flies : Rans S6ES
15,308 Posts
In my shop we didn't just pull and look at a fuse....I had my techs do a volt drop test right across the fuse with the circuit loaded.
Great to hear there are a few mechanics out there that know how to do it properly.

I don't want it catching on though. That would be bad for business :laugh:

·
Banned
7,039 Posts
Great to hear there are a few mechanics out there that know how to do it properly.

I don't want it catching on though. That would be bad for business :laugh:

:liebe011:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts