Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

The central locking of my car is operating only now and then, just now not. Some time again it started to operate without any actions from my side, some weeks later it was dead again.
I would like to look inside this problem, but I don't have any documentation of that system. It's a Getz 1.4 litre, 2003 model.
I would appreciate some hints.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Our Getz is around the same vintage and the control module for the central locking is in the driver's door combined with the door key.Seeing it would be the area getting the greatest amount of use and also the possibility of moisture entering down the window glass.There's a four pin plug on the control module to connect it to the door wiring and this be loose or coroded giving you the intermittancy.
If you are mechanically minded the door trim is quite easy to remove to check the area.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
QUOTE (engineern6719 @ May 19 2010, 05:21 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=324236
Our Getz is around the same vintage and the control module for the central locking is in the driver's door combined with the door key.Seeing it would be the area getting the greatest amount of use and also the possibility of moisture entering down the window glass.There's a four pin plug on the control module to connect it to the door wiring and this be loose or coroded giving you the intermittancy.
If you are mechanically minded the door trim is quite easy to remove to check the area.

Thanks a lot! But, how can I get inside the door as I don't have any instruction manual? I just unscruwed some srews but then I got stuck. I am an Electrical Engineer so once I get inside, I will fix it.
Some other fellow mentioned that manuals are available here on the forum but I don't see where.
A faulty central locking gives you some extra exercise, but I rather go to the gym...

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
QUOTE (engineern6719 @ May 16 2010, 03:51 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=323457
Downloads for the Getz manuals are available from posts on this site. They have circuit diagrams that will help to solve your problem.
Please, tell me where. I have been trying everywhere but not found.
Rgds
Johannes

·
Registered
35 Posts
If you look on the same page as your post but a little further down there is link for downloading the manuals.
The door panel is quite easy to remove.
(1) Remove the single screw in the interior door handle,lift away from the trim and remove the control rods from the handle.
(2)Inside the hand grip of the door arm rest is single screw, remove this screw .You can now remove the panel containing the power window controlls by carefully lifting the rear of this panel and disconnecting the plug for the power windows.
(3) To remove the rest of the door panel look at front of the door panel for two self tapping screws and remove them.At the rear of the panel look for two circular plastic trim pieces. These are covering two more screws.Use something to remove the small plastic caps to expose the screws and remove them.
(4) Around the base of the door trim is held in with clips.These are removed by lifting one edge of the door trim and working your way around pulling the trim away from the door.Once the lower part of the trim is off you can remove the door trim by pulling away from the bottom and lifting upwards.It's a bit fiddly during this part. Just take your time.
(5) Once the trim is off the door is covered with plastic which needs to be removed to access the central locking.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
QUOTE (engineern6719 @ Jun 2 2010, 06:42 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=328764
If you look on the same page as your post but a little further down there is link for downloading the manuals.
The door panel is quite easy to remove.
(1) Remove the single screw in the interior door handle,lift away from the trim and remove the control rods from the handle.
(2)Inside the hand grip of the door arm rest is single screw, remove this screw .You can now remove the panel containing the power window controlls by carefully lifting the rear of this panel and disconnecting the plug for the power windows.
(3) To remove the rest of the door panel look at front of the door panel for two self tapping screws and remove them.At the rear of the panel look for two circular plastic trim pieces. These are covering two more screws.Use something to remove the small plastic caps to expose the screws and remove them.
(4) Around the base of the door trim is held in with clips.These are removed by lifting one edge of the door trim and working your way around pulling the trim away from the door.Once the lower part of the trim is off you can remove the door trim by pulling away from the bottom and lifting upwards.It's a bit fiddly during this part. Just take your time.
(5) Once the trim is off the door is covered with plastic which needs to be removed to access the central locking.

Thanks a lot. I will try this next week. This weekend we will enjoy a voyage to Finland.
Best Regards
Johannes

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all for the help to get remove the door panel, it was quite a simple task.
But, once I tried to access the the central locking unit it was quite impossible as it is mounted in a way I don't understand and is hidden behind something I can't remove.
Anybody knows how I could get it out?
Best Regards Johannes1

·
Registered
35 Posts
QUOTE (Johannes1 @ Jun 18 2010, 06:35 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=333873
Thanks all for the help to get remove the door panel, it was quite a simple task.
But, once I tried to access the the central locking unit it was quite impossible as it is mounted in a way I don't understand and is hidden behind something I can't remove.
Anybody knows how I could get it out?
Best Regards Johannes1
I wouldn't remove the central locking unit just yet.You should be able to see a (I think from memory) four pin plug for the central locking up high and towards the rear of the interior of the door.Maybee before removing anything just pull the plug apart and check the pins for corosion and clean them . If the central locking is intermittant it sounds to me like a poor pin connection.
I have never removed the central locking unit and from memory it looked like it wouldn't be too easy.Try the easy things first.

X

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
OK, thanks a lot. I will do that when my son brings the car back. I will try to simulate the signals in that plug by connecting +12 V and see if the individual locks are operating.

Best Regards
Johannes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts