Hyundai Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 2007 Elantra has a problem with right front door lock; it doesn't work correctly all the time. Usually it operates well when it is early morning or late night, but stops operating when the sun heats up. Moreover, the lock moves partially when the lock-unlock keys are used but not to the extent needed to operate correctly...

Is it a problem with car's computer or is it a simple mechanical problem in the door lock itself???

·
Registered
336 Posts
Since it doesn't work with the key, to me it sounds more like a mechanical problem. Has this car been in an accident or had body work on the door that is giving problems?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually I bought it one month ago so I don't know, but also I don't think that it has been in an accident or had body work..
the question is that can I handle this problem by myself without going for a mechanic??

·
Registered
336 Posts
You can get access to the shop manual by signing up on this site: http://www.hmaservice.com/. The shop manual has diagrams and repair procedures showing how to disassemble and reassemble the door components. If you remove the door panel, you might be able to see what is causing the problem. That said, if it was me, I would probably take it to a dealer for repair. I have not taken the door apart on my Elantra, but I have on other cars and found it very difficult to work on unless you know what you are doing and have special tools. It is easy do damage the clips and fasteners that hold the door panel on.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts