Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2010 Veracruz: Has anyone successfully removed the frill covering the center speaker in the middle of the dash. Everything I have read says to 'pry' it off. I am guessing that till just bend the heck out of it.
I want to put a pot on the speaker to reduce the loudness and force the side speakers to equalize to the center. I think it is a lot of the issues with the radio sounding like crap.

Thanks

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
you don't say what system you have...but i'm guessing you have one of the upgraded systems. you can go into settings and turn the center speaker completely off. it only works in the 'surround' mode. turn it off, and the system acts like the old style...with balance (L & R) and fade (F & R) only.

41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the 6cd changer Infinity system. It does not have the full controls that the DVD version has and you cannot take it out of surround mode. Its a known issue with the radio. They took the DVD radio (with RSE) and pulled some settings and sold it as the 'middle of the line' radio. On the RSE version, each speaker has its own wiring. When they dummied it up for the non-rse version, the door and tweater speakers are wired in parallel so it reduces the output..thus the center speaker, which is on its own, sounds louder. By adding a pot to the center, it evens it out with the wattage to the sides and sounds a lot better.
I just dont want to destroy the top grill to get it off. I think I am at the point I've just got to order a replacement and pull the heck out of the existing to get it off.

Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts