Hyundai Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends of the Jet,

I hope that somebody of you can shed some light on this - the Hyundai dealer could not:
Since I own a Euro model of the Jet it is equipped with the stupid 1-din Radio frame and corresponding fascia panel. Apparently there is ample space behind it and (as you can see on some promo pictures like here ) there exists also a 2-din frame and panel that seems to have been used in other markets.

My Hyundai dealer could see this part in his parts cataloge but there was no partnumber associated so he could not even try to order this thing.

I have now installed a 1-din 7"TFT headunit for my navigation needs but I am not really happy with the protruding monitor.
It does not really look nice and as a side effect it also confuses the automatic A/C control since it dissipates heat and obstructs the air intake of the A/C control unit. This causes the A/C unit to cool more than needed because it 'thinks' it's too warm in the car.
I'd very much prefer to install a 2-din unit that would fully integrate into the dash panel similar to the stock upscale radios.

Has anybody got a hint for me on which markets the 2-din panel was delivered and/or where I could get one ? I've already searched 99% of the internet for it but found nothing but mouthwatering pictures of this part.

I guess finally I'll get a spare 1-din thing and grab my jigsaw ...

Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Tom,

I was looking for exactly the same thing a few years ago. I live in Greece and the dealers here, were saying to me that the particular item was not part of their available accessories and that they didn't even have any code for it so that they even try to order it!!!! So I went to a local sound systems installer and he did a custom surgery to the thing .... and here is the outcome:

http://www.kalogeropoulos.gr/displayProject.asp?ITMID=7420

I have it for about 4 years now and I really enjoy it!!!

I would suggest that you did the same....

Regards,
Dimitris

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Dimitris,

apparently you have the same dealer experience with searching for this part. Since I've meanwhile given up hope to find it off the shelf I've purchased a used standard 1-din panel from a breaker yard to modify it to my needs. I've removed the storage box (simple because it's bolted on from the back) and removed the center/divider bar with my jigsaw.
Currently I'm waiting for the f***in' Ebay dealer to finally send me the 2-din dvd/nav radio I've ordered, so I can continue tailoring the part to the exact needs.
Since I will need some filler on the part it will have to get painted afterwards. Do you know what paint was used on yours ? I notice a slight misfit between the center panel's paint and the other original panels.

Alternatively I consider to have some water transfer print on it - maybe including the AC control panel (does anybody know why that one is blue while all the rest of the dash is black/greyish ?).

Behind the panel I will have to replace the 1-din mounting frame by the bigger one. Do you also have some pictures how this is done wisely ? I didn't undo the current one yet since
- my radio's not here and
- it's winter and quite cold around here

Regards
Tom

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just an addition: Since the modification of the 1 din thing did not promise to look real good I finally had someone bring the original bigger cutout thing from Korea.

To be noted: the cutout is about 5-7mm larger all around than a standard aftermarket 2din radio, so you'll need something to cover up that gap.

·
Registered
3 Posts

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Finally I found the time to complete the conversion on mine.

Paid 20€ for the bezel/panel from Korea, 1€ for the paint to respray the thing (since it came in a non-fitting grey maple wood decor) and the A/C panel (which had an ugly blue paint on before) - plus another 15€ for a standard 2DIN frame that I welded 'ears' on so it could be bolted on using the mounts of the original frame I didn't have.

Attachments

·
9,148 Posts

Paid 20€ for the bezel/panel from Korea, 1€ for the paint to respray the thing (since it came in a non-fitting grey maple wood decor) and the A/C panel (which had an ugly blue paint on before) - plus another 15€ for a standard 2DIN frame that I welded 'ears' on so it could be bolted on using the mounts of the original frame I didn't have.
Look good...:thumbsup:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello. I congratulate you. It is very good.
Center Panel 20 € you bought? Where did you buy?

I asked the Hyundai dealer Szeged, Hungary. In. The price of € 73

·
Registered
14 Posts
hole size?

I Please you measure the size of the aperture of the panel.

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Aperture size: I can't tell right now. Will have to go measure.

Where to buy: I dispatched one of my employees to Korea. As far as I recall one of our local reps took him to some shop, maybe a HY dealership since the part is a genuine HY part according to the hologram sticker on the back. I'll see if I can still dig out the bill from somewhere at home.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi

I have a Korean manual for the Audio system . I think the following dimensions are what you need . 183(w) X 112(h) x 165(d) . From what I know the size is industry standard along with the back connector .

Regards

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
183(w) X 112(h) x 165(d) .

industry standard ... back connector .
Not exactly. Your numbers describe the dimension of the mounting frame which is indeed i.s. (2-DIN ...)
The cutout of the Hyundai panel is actually larger (as I posted previously): 193 x 125mm

Also the back connector is not ISO style plugs (usually 2) but something proprietary of Hyundai - at least in Europe.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Aperture size: I can't tell right now. Will have to go measure.

Where to buy: I dispatched one of my employees to Korea. As far as I recall one of our local reps took him to some shop, maybe a HY dealership since the part is a genuine HY part according to the hologram sticker on the back. I'll see if I can still dig out the bill from somewhere at home.
Please!

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
there you go

So the part# I got was 84741-3A110FV which is a panel in grey maple wood decor (water transfer print) that needed respraying in the standard grey of my car's dash.
Price was 22600 Won which roughly equals 16€ today. Plus shipping.

I took some screenshots (literally !) from the 2002 FO microfiche I have and as you can see there's a whole variety of these panels. Unfortunately there's no real description which is which.

From the trim/audiosystem version reference at the bottom - plus knowing that H940B is the big front panel cassette stereo (H940A with additional CD drive) you can estimate that all panels referenced to 96GS/GX and 9630 are 2din, the ones assocated with 9631 (audio blanking cover Germany) and potentially 96HA (simple & small audio system H910C) are single din.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts